Chapter 9

For the next few days Damion wouldn't stop teasing me about Eric.

"You like him, You like him! Not for the face anymore! You actually fucking like him!"

"Damion, I swear to god I will kill you if you say it again" I threatened, but he just smiled and laughed

"You actually like someone, It's been so long!"

"I don't care, I'm not going for him" I shrug opening my laptop

"OMG Lina, seriously stop with your dream like novelty fantasy about the real fucking world, it's not going to go like that."

"It always ends up like in novels, and what's wrong with following a script?" I say swiping through my course page.

"You're stuck in your safe world! Lina! You have a crush for the first time since that incident! and it's Eric"

Ash walks in right at that moment, "who has a crush?"

frightened, Angelina and Damion opened their mouths and said in sync, "No one."

"I heard Erics name" he narrowed his eyes in suspicion

"No you didn't" they said in sync again

"I better have not, I've told you before, don't go for that punk, I don't know who I'd kill if you end up with him"

"Oh shut up, I told you he has a crush on jess" I threw a pillow at hime, "Now get out"

"You know I'm right" he says before he left

"He's still extremely protective.....and Hot" Damion smirked

"Seriously? I swear to god Dae, I-" *Bang

the sound of the mansion door close echoed through and angry foot steps came up the stairs

"Eric is back...and angry" I said quietly, I stood up immediately and went to Erics room without knocking.

He turned around showing a vein popping expression.

"What's up your ass today? get in a fight?" That's when I notices that on the side of hid neck was a purple black like bruise.

"um sir, you have a..." I pointed to my neck to tell him where it is.

"Fuck! I know!" he said throwing his jacket to the ground

"Did Jess get horny or drugged...therefore she made a move on you?" I asked, I know it's weird, but it could happen.

"it's not her" he lowered his head, "it was kenz"

I frowned, "you're still screwing her?" I asked in surprise

"No! God no, I mean she's good, but no. She jumped on me when I broke things off with her, I didn't think it was so hard as to leave a mark."

"And you're angry...just because you received a hickey from an ex-friends with benefits Horney ass bitch?"

"I'm angry because Jess saw and thought I was still with Kenz, she used the term girlfriend too. Jesus!" he sat down and buried his face into his hands, "she then ran off crying."

"never seen a girl cry?"

"While banging, yes, other than that, no."

"Didn't need the extra details man" I shook my head as I sat in front of him. "Just phone her and explain, plus, you're not together, so why feel so guilty?" I advised leaning back

"I don't know....maybe because she cried?"

"means she likes you" I said pulling out my phone, "it's Jess calling" I warned him, "make a sound and you're dead" I instructed him.

"Hey Jess, What's up?"

" *Hiccup, Hiccup* Lina~~" Jess was sobbing on the other side

"What's wrong?" I asked...even though I know

"I think, I've been played by Eric" she sniffed

Now Eric defiantly heard that, he stood up and walked close up to me, gesturing for me to give my phone to him, I just gave him my palm and told him to shut it.

"What makes you say that?"

"I saw a.....a hickey on his neck" She whispered the last part, how innocent

"So?" I asked

"i....I thought he liked me"

"Maybe he does" I said, being as casual as I can

"If he did, I don't think he'd go and be with someone else"

"why don't you confirm with him" Eric sighed in front of me and mouthed thank you

I pushed his face away and continues talking on the phone, "I could ask for you if you want" I suggested

"..."

"Jess?"

"No, I'll do it"

"Well, good luck" I said, and after a little bit of chatting, I ended the call, "You owe me, BIG time" I pointed at Eric

"Yes, Thank you!" He came over, pulled me into a hug then kissed the side of my head, He received a message right after, and I assume it's from jess with his reaction,

But I myself was still paralysed. What was that...?

I left the room, and I guess he didn't notice, but I ran back to my room and gave Damion a terrified look.

"Dae...um..." I explained what happened, and...that I really might like Eric, But Damions response was not expected

"Give up" He said immediately

"huh?"

"Give up"

"W-Why? you were the one that stated that we have chemistry"

"That's before this. THAT specific kissing action happened, you're being friend zoned, as a close friend, probably like a sister later on when you get to know each other."

"Wha-, I-" I panicked a bit

"If he liked you as a woman, he wouldn't make physical interactions so easily....Lina, give up"

I leaned against the leg of my bed and sighed, My love life is not going well.

Everything was peaceful after, jess and Eric made up, they started flirting a lot, Eric and Jess would tell me about it separately till the point like I feel like I'm a part of the relationship. And I started giving up my feelings for Eric up by just seeing him as a friend, and it was working, we got close, we became good friends, and everything was good...

...

...

...

But that was until my birthday...from then on, everything went down hill, my life, felt like it was going to collapse.

End of chapter 9

Authors note: Haven't updated this novel in a while, Not giving it up! Goal to make this as welcoming as my other two...though it's gonna be hard, What the fuck, right?!

20th November 2021 Saturday 

Sign: Tiggy