happy halloween

They're small, infinitesimal even― George's feelings for Dream. So what if his laugh makes George smile like an idiot, or his voice gives George butterflies? It doesn't matter, George has never had a problem hiding his feelings for Dream, but when Dream needs a date for a Halloween party George can't say no.

or

An au where Dream needs a date for a party and George is the only one who is available.

TWs:
Swearing
Alcohol

I wanted to make a fake dating au and it's Halloween season, soooo here you go :)

------------

"Transverse is horizontal, sagittal is vertical," George mutters to himself, rubbing his eyes. Stupid anatomy exam.

He's been studying in his university's library for the past hour, for his quarterly exam. Cursing to himself, he slumps in his seat, trying to cram the material into his brain.

Transverse― horizontal, sagittal― vertical. Well, he can't forget the coronal plane. George groans, feeling his brain turn to putty.

Glancing out the window of the second floor of the library, George sees the tips of trees. Dark branches are filled with colorful leaves, most detaching as the wind snatches them away. He's sure the yellows, oranges, and reds are beautiful, but he's never truly been able to experience it.

Never mind that, George's attention is directed elsewhere when a familiar blond jogs through the library. He's clumsy, unashamed, and effortlessly adorable. George can't help his small smile as Dream strides over, constantly apologizing for the swing of his arms that bump into every possible book stack.

Dream grins at George and tosses his backpack onto the floor with little care. He plops into a seat next to George and folds his fingers together. George can tell he wants something and he has to look away, forcing himself to stare at the anatomy terms.

Transverse― horizontal, sagittal― vertical. Tran― "George," Dream interrupts his thoughts, "I have a proposition for you."

"Hmm," George hums, not looking away from his textbook, "and what's that?"

"I need a date."

George coughs, eyes widening as he looks at Dream. He can feel heat rise up his cheeks as he meets Dream's undoubtedly serious stare. "I- what?"

"I need a date," Dream repeats, tilting his head. Hair flops across his forehead and George resists the urge to stare for too long.

He swallows and looks back to his homework. Picking up his pencil, he brushes off Dream's statement. His friend is just stating that he needs a date, not necessarily from George. He says with forced nonchalance, "Well, that shouldn't be a problem. Just go to the campus courtyard and ask someone, it's not that hard."

"But, George," Dream whines, and George's ears burn red. George can almost hear what's coming. "Everyone already has a date. I need one for the party next Sunday."

"Go on Tinder or something then."

"I don't wanna go with a stranger," Dream protests.

George glances to his left, studying Dream out of the corner of his eye. He mutters, "You've never had a problem getting a date before, so just go ask someone. Dream, who would say no?"

"True," Dream hums and George rolls his eyes. Feeding Dream's ego, that's what he's just done, and now he has to put up with it (although he secretly doesn't mind his friend's over-confidence). Dream says, "But I don't want to go through the effort of going to find someone random when I could just ask someone I already know."