just your friendly neighborhood spider-man

Dream is just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. He saves innocents and stops any crimes in New York on a daily basis, while managing to be a semi-successful salesman. One day, on one of Dream's rescues, a certain someone catches his eye.

or

Dream starts stalking someone, trying to be his hero in every circumstance.

TWs:
Swearing
Violence
Heights
Blood
I guess you can consider part of this as stalking

I've had this in my drafts since the Spider-Man movie lol

Inspired by the Spider-Man movie and this picture by Alex_Tuckr on Twitter:

--------

Being Spider-Man isn't too terrible. Dream has many fans, all of which look up to him and try to help in any ways possible. He truly appreciates people's offers to buy him dinner after he saves them, along with other kind offers, but Dream can never accept.

It's what happens when you're a faceless superhero.

It comes with the occupation, Dream guesses. Despite the one downside, Dream loves protecting his city and putting criminals behind bars.

It's not until he saves a random stranger, does everything change.

~

It's a chilly February morning in New York. Dream sits on the roof of a random apartment complex somewhere in the large city. He munches on a cold, chicken sandwich as he listens to the radio chatter of the New York Police Department.

He's in his Spider-Man suit, mask off as he eats. The cold doesn't bother him terribly, another upside of being Spider-Man that Dream enjoys. With his superhuman strength, balance, reflexes, speed, as well as the ability to climb the way he does, Dream doesn't regret getting bit by that spider.

The radio chatter picks up and Dream listens closely. Grinning, he pulls down his mask and swings through the city towards the destination mentioned by the NYPD. He'll reach the site long before they do.

Dream pauses on a building above the crime to assess the situation. There's four of them, two armed, while the other two rummage through the bank. They have hostages, all of which are sitting on the ground, hands behind their backs.

Outside of the building is a small crowd watching in horror. Dream swings down and orders them to leave, before entering the building.

The mission is nothing new, but it's still exciting. He disables their guns with his webs and leaves them tied up, well all but one of them, who seems to have disappeared.

Dream's eyebrows furrow and he looks to one of the hostages, who is holding her wrists. "Did you see where the other one went?"

She shakes her head, and profusely thanks him. Dream waves her off, going to the back of the bank, where there is an emergency exit.