call me by your name

George has been the center of attention for just over a year. He's at the top of his field: an actor who's won several awards and starred in dozens of classics. After signing a new movie deal, George meets another actor, one who pays more attention to George than the cameras.

or

George has to suffer when the newbie won't leave him alone.

TWs:
Swearing
Sexual tension lol

Inspired vy the song Shut Up by Greyson Chance, and the movie Call Me by Your Name

DISCLAIMER: I literally don't know how movies are made and how stuff goes on behind the scenes, so don't yell at me. I'm just trying to write, I hope that's enough for you all <3

---------

Phenomenal, perfect, unparalleled. All words that have been used to describe George's career.

He's all over tv's, posing for billboard ads, in magazines, at the front of every possible platform in the media. If you type George in a search bar, the first word to come up is his last name.

Yeah, he's the talk of every town. Every big director wants him in their movies. George has been offered full careers by several modeling companies, but he's politely declined those, preferring his role in the cinematic universe.

After signing a new movie contract, George now leaves the building where he signed the deal. Reporters rush over, cameras flashing as they shout questions. He ignores them all, pulling down his sunglasses. His assistant directs him to the limo that awaits him and the car door slams behind him.

He tosses off his sunglasses and pulls down the mirror in the limo, studying himself. His assistant, Wilbur, remarks, "Perfection, as always, George."

George smiles, murmuring a thank you, before meeting his driver's gaze in the rearview mirror. "You can go, Callahan. I'm done here."

A nod is his response, and the dividing window is rolled up. George looks out his tinted window, frowning slightly. The press departs, and George can read the disappointment in their faces at the missed chance of an interview.

"Your first appearance on set is required in two weeks, so we..." But the drone of Wilbur's voice slips through one ear and out the other. George forgets to listen, lost in his thoughts and worries.

Another movie, another acting success. It's always the same.

~

The world of acting is cutthroat, ruthless. George has to always be at his best; one mistake and he could lose his career. There's always another aspiring actor ready to take his place.

Which is why he loses himself most of the time.

He forgets who he's supposed to be, and puts on an appearance people want to see. A veil of fake emotions that, to anyone else, appears real. Sometimes, even to him.

It's for the best. No one wants to hear about George's cat or his interest in computer science. So he takes on the role he has to play: the valiant prince, the sly agent, the brave superhero, or any other role he's ever acted in.

The newest deal he signed is something in a completely different realm of expertise, but he's excited to try. George is the lead, of course, but he's the main actor in a movie called Call Me by Your Name.

He's never played the role of... well, a gay man. He's genuinely interested to try it out but nervous at the same time. Although, he will never show his fear to anyone but his closest circle of friends, who are really just people paid to watch out for him.