Chap 4

Lovino woke up at his desk, his notebooks sprawled out infront of him.

"Lovino?" A knock interupted his thoughts momentarily.

"Who the fuck is it?" He quickly changed and put the notebooks away.

"It's Berwald. Just wondering if I should tell Gilbert your story?" He sounded unsure.

"Go ahead. Also, try to pull up a nickname slash code name for the German." He opened the door to face the Swedish and the so assumed German.

"Two things. I'm Prussian, and what is your code name if I can ask?" Gilbert, the albino Prussian, tilted his head as if to question further, the small yellow bird copying his move.

"My code name? I thought Berwald already told you?" Lovino turned to Berwald.

"I was getting there." He cooly replied despite the burning gaze of his leader.

"My code name is Romano Vargas, or just Romano. I have that code name and nick name because I was born in central Italy but came to Southern Italy whilst my brother went North. Only the most important people get code names, like Berwald, Sweden, Alfred, America, and so on. For some reason, it became traditional to nick name a person by their country. I'm just going to assume yours will be Prussia." Lovino took a deep breath before continuing. "Now remember that because we call each other by our code names in public. Berwald, I give you permission to tell Gilbert everything, and begin training as soon as possible." Lovino took another deep breath, tired from explaining so much in only a few breaths.

Gilbert nodded, letting Berwald drag him out of the room.

Soon Lovino exited his room and went to his kitchen, grabbing some tomatoes, holding them in one of his arms while he eats one, walking to one of the other rooms.

Inside, he began to work out a plan for the rival gang and his brother.

Alfred walked in on Lovino working and eating tomatoes at the same time.

"Lovino?" He looked over his shoulder and read the plans for his brother and the other gang.

"What do you fucking want, hamburger bastard?" Lovino looked up from his papers.

"Well I see that you are looking at something, so would you like more information?" Alfred sat opposite side of Lovino.

"Fine." He mumbled, pushing the tomatoes aside. showing Alfred his plan.

"The rival gang is here, and we are here, the nearest base to the gang is here, and here is our closest backup gang." Alfred circled some places with a pencil that had layed near the desk lamp.

"So..." Lovino took a second pencil and made a perimeter where the rival gang should be. "This is it? What about the population, or their secret bases? They should have back up, storage, hide outs, and all those things."

The American sat thoughtfully. "Want me to take the scatter group again?"

"Yes. We need someone to document it. Take Gilbert with you. He needs some experience." 

"Gilbert? Who is he?" Lovino had forgotten to tell everyone about the new second mate. 

"Well... He is my second hand man, and he needs some experience. He is a newbie so documenting should be easy enough." Lovino nodded, satisfied.

"If you say so." Alfred sighed and got up, fixing his bomber jacket and rushing out of the room. In the distance, you could hear his booming voice call out the scatter group. 

Lovino then walked out of the room, munching on his final tomato, following the voice of the stupid, loud American.

"Oi, I'm going to be out for the day so if anything happens, ask Berwald." The Italian lazily walked outside, heading to the market to buy some things from the black market. The black market had hidden places all over the continent, and some are hidden within the folds of the market.

The walk was tedious for him. He had to make sure his gun was hidden, he wasn't being followed, and hide in the shadows all at the same time.

The thick smell of the street vendors food wafted the market air upon arrival.

"Le migliori spezie in Italia!" (The best spices in Italy!)

"Miglior carne sul mercato!" (Best meat in the market!)

The vendors yelled out bargains and self claims, and Lovino walked to one of the shop booths that was selling sweet bread.

"Can I buy one?" Lovino pointed to one of the breads.

"This one? That would be..." The vendor told Lovino the price and he dug in his pocket for the money. Handing the vendor the money, he took the bread and walked deeper into the market.

There was a booth selling fresh vegetables, some fruit. Others were selling wool, hand woven carpets and rugs, some were selling clothes for the coming fall weather, and a variety of other things.

A scarf caught his eye at one of the other booths. It was two Italian scarves, all in the Nations flag color.

Not even hesitating, he bought both the scarves. One for his brother as a gift and the other for him. He continued to look at the merchandise and bought an American flag scarf for Alfred, one of the Swedish flag for Berwald, a Prussian one for Gilbert, and on impulse, a Spanish scarf. He was carrying a large bag with the scarves and had one of the Italian ones around his neck. He even bought a little scarf for Gilbird.

He was a nice leader. One that everyone admired.

He continued to look around before turning away and went to one of the spice vendors.

"Romano Vargas. I assume you have everything I need?" Lovino showed the 'vendor' his mafia tattoo on his shoulder blade.

"Ahh yes. That would be...." The vendor did some mental math and told Lovino the price.

Lovino dug in his pocket, taking out the money. He secretly handed it to the vendor and the vendor gave him a heavy crate labled 'tomatoes' and the bottom corner was had the initials 'RV'. He grabbed the crate and rested it on his shoulder, still holding the bag of scarves.

"Grazie." Lovino turned away and headed towards the main base, hoping to see someone from the mafia to help him. He stopped for a break under a tree, pulling out his phone and dialed one of the mafia members.

"Hello?" It was Berwald.

"I have the amo." He said bluntly.

"And you need my help carrying it. Am I right?" Berwald could be heard moving around on the other side of the phone.

"Hurry up, bastard. I'm waiting under a tree near the market." He hung up and rested his head against the tree.

He forced himself to stay awake, but he fell asleep against his will.

Little did he know, a certain Spaniard was doing his shopping.

----- I still think I'm getting better at these cliffys! The reason for my lack of updates is because of a little stupid thing called writers block. Spiacente. -----