3│THE PROPERTY BAND

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Mr. Bitters begrudgingly left his office when he heard the reception call bell ring over and over again. He frowned, his mouth full of fries when he saw the boys of Big Time Rush. "What? I'm busy," He grumbled with a glare.

"We'd like a nicer apartment, please," Kendall requested with a sweet smile.

"How come everyone else gets one of those cool apartments?" James complained, "And ours is a big time dump."

"2J, a dump? If by 'dump' you mean really cool," Mr. Bitters scoffed but even he didn't believe himself, "Okay, fine it is a big dumb. But there is no way I am putting four hockey-playing hooligans into one of my finer apartments."

Before the hockey-playing hooligans could complain and badger the hotel manager, a delivery man cut them off. The man stumbled over to the reception desk, having trouble with the incredibly large, and heavy, gift basket he was carrying.

"Delivery for Miss Carrington," He heaved a sigh of relief once he set it down on the desk.

Mr. Bitters frowned when he saw the gift basket was covered in cellophane, now he couldn't take anything off it. With an annoyed sigh, he called over Stella's room attendant, Esteban Ramirez. "Here, take this up to the penthouse suite. And remember what Mosbey said."

The boys of Big Time Rush had recently found out that while Bitters acted like he was in charge of the Palm Woods, he really wasn't. He was just the assistant manager, the real man in charge was Marion Moseby.

Carlos' jaw dropped. "The Palm Woods has a penthouse?! Can we get a penthouse?"

"No!" Mr. Bitters snapped without any hesitation. "Of course you hockey heads can't have a penthouse. One because you're hockey heads and two because there's only one penthouse in the Palm Woods. Blake Carrington bought all the rooms on the top floor and converted them into a penthouse for his daughter."

"Of course the Hollywood princess got her dad to make her a penthouse," Kendall rolled his eyes.

"You're just jealous that we live in a dump and don't have anyone to make us a penthouse," Logan pointed out smartly before he frowned, "Or maybe that's just me."

"No, it's not," The rest of the band echoed sadly, clearly feeling the exact same.

James perked up when he noticed Esteban had barely made it to the elevator since the gift basket was so heavy. "Well, while you three wallow in pity and all the stains in our apartment, I am going to go see my penthouse."

"Your penthouse?" Logan repeated with furrowed brows.

"Well, when Stella and I get married we are going to live together. And you're supposed to be the smart one," James scoffed before he rushed to follow Esteban.

"I wanna see the cool penthouse too!" Carlos complained before he put his helmet on, tapped it twice for luck, and rushed after James.

"I better go to make sure they don't do anything illegal like trespassing," Logan sighed.