6│SURVIVAL OF THE HOTTEST

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Oh my God! I am so hot!" Stella complained with a huff as she sat down with her friends.

"Ain't that the truth," Rex agreed slyly, making the blonde glared at him.

A heatwave had hit Los Angeles that felt like hell on earth.

"The humidity is ruining my hair!" James complained as he held a mirror up to his face and frantically patted his frizzy hair.

Stella gave him a once over before she nodded. "Yeah and all that sweating is not doing your pores any favors," She admitted casually.

James let out a pained yelp as he brought the mirror closer to his face to examine his pores.

"What's the temperature now?" Kendall groaned tiredly, the heatwave sucking all the life out of him.

The boys of Big Time Rush were hit the hardest by the heatwave since they were used to snowy Minnesota.

"Well, According to my Pear Pad," Robbie pulled out his comically large Pear Pad that he never shut up about, "Here in Hollywood, It is 103 degrees."

"Man, I hate sweating," Beck sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I know. My arms feel like warm, wet ham," Carlos complained as he rolled his sleeves up into a tank top for the fifth time that day.

Stella felt bad for him when she saw the pout marring his face, he looked like a kicked puppy. So, she pulled two bobby pins from her hair and used them to secure his sleeves.

"Thanks!" He grinned brightly at her.

That was one of the things she loved about Carlos, it didn't take much to make him happy.

"Sorry, we're late Miss Carrington."

"Yeah, yeah, just get to work," She demanded with a wave of her hand.

The rest of the group stared in confusion as the two scrawny freshmen started fanning her with Fan Palm leaves from the drama department.

"What is happening?" Beck asked with furrowed brows.

"I'm paying them to fan me," She answered casually before she smiled at the cool breeze.

"Can they fan us?" Robbie asked hopefully.

"No."

"Well, why not?" He cried like a child who was refused candy.

"Because then they would have to fan me less," She snapped before she noticed his untouched water bottle, "Robbie, you done with that water?"

He shook his head and cradled it protectively. "No."

"Give it to me," She demanded heatedly.

He jumped and quickly held the bottle out to her. "All right," He huffed.