20│DATE OR NO DATE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Kendall had been spreading himself thin trying to get Stella to slip up and admit she liked him or that she and Thomas were just fake dating. He was starting to think he'd misheard her because of how adamant she was.

His every attempt was met with her sternly reminding him that she had a boyfriend.

He'd spent any and every day off following her around that even her bodyguards mistook him for a crazy fan a few times. He ended up being thrown into the pool, the bushes, and down the Palm Woods Park because of that.

He'd gotten them a blue smoothie and surprised Stella by shoving a second straw and sharing it with her right when she took a sip. That ended with him looking like a melting smurf after she poured it over his head as was Stella's usual response.

His current attempt was getting her a pizza. A heart-shaped pizza.

He opened the box with a proud smile as he walked towards her from across the pool. She rolled her eyes and turned her face away from him as she held up a sign that said 'boyfriend'. He rolled his eyes and shut the pizza box with a huff. He knew she was going to be difficult, in fact, it was one of the many reasons he liked her but it was making his plans very difficult right now.

He didn't notice that when he'd turned his back to her, she turned back to glance at him with a lovesick smile.

"Hey, big brother. Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Katie, I love you, but I'm a little busy right now," Kendall grumbled, not even looking up at her as he scribbled down more ideas to get Stella to fall in love with him.

"Stella's been playing you this whole time," Katie reminded him sternly, "Like a fiddle. What are you gonna do about it, big brother? And remember, I look up to you."

She figured he needed a little extra motivation to actually figure out a good plan.

His brows furrowed in determination. "Oh, don't you worry. It's on," He declared.

"Stella," Kendall smiled brightly as he sat down next to her.

"I didn't say you could sit," She said bluntly with a frown.

"I don't care," He countered with a smirk, "Now, let's talk, just friend to just friend."

She grimaced as if he'd deeply offended her. "You're not my friend."

He paused. "You know what? You're right. We;re not friends because if we were friends then you wouldn't have lied to me."

"Lied to you about what?" She scoffed, figuring the sooner she ended this conversation the sooner he'd leave her alone before he got too cute for her to handle.

"About Thomas," He said sharply, turning to stare at her accusingly.

She arched a brow coolly. "What about Thomas?"