16│FIRE IN A SUMMER RAIN

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Bravo! Bravo!" Griffin clapped with a wide smile when the boys finished their first concert, a practice concert at the Palm Woods ahead of their tour, "Watching you boys go from nobodies to somebodies. Has been more thrilling than hunting humans, Which is why it hurts me to say the album, tour, and this concert... are canceled."

Everyone's eyes widened in shock and gasped. "What?!"

"Big time rush is dead," Griffin shrugged casually.

"What do you mean the band is dead?" Gustavo exclaimed, clearly waiting to be told he had misheard him.

"Accounting has just released their risk and feasibility report on Big Time Rush, and they decided it's too risky and not feasible," Griffin explained without any sympathy.

"We're shifting our strategy to children's books on tape," His accountant said, "No tour support is required. They have a higher profit margin And are super cheap to make."

"Which is why tomorrow Gustavo will be producing 'Can you foo?' as read by actor-environmentalist Ed Begley Jr," Griffin smiled like it was exciting news.

"Are you senile?!" Stella exclaimed in exasperation.

Griffin chuckled, deciding to take her comment as a joke. "Oh, Stella. You're lucky you're my cash cow."

"Oh, Griffin, you're lucky murder is illegal," She scoffed.

"But Griffin this is our someday," James cried out.

"Close. It's your last day," He corrected, "Sorry, fellas, I like you; I do. But as we say in business... That's business."

"You can't do this!" Gustavo argued, his face going red, "We've been working our butts off! Our concert is in one week."

"This is the first time I haven't wanted to see that vein in his neck pop," Stella frowned.

"Don't worry. That's why I'm giving all of you... Fruit baskets!" He clapped his hands happily as if that would fix everything.

"Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe," Stella said with narrowed eyes, "I think you owe it an apology."

"I love our banter," Griffin chuckled and patted her head before he walked away.

"Great," Katie huffed, "I just spent 3,000 bucks making t-shirts, posters, and hats on a band that doesn't even exist."

"I'll take a hat. It'll be a nice memory of what almost was," Carlos smiled sadly as he picked up the aht with their photo on it.

"That'll be $3,000," Katie held her hand out expectantly only to have him throw back the hat.

"Stella!" Gustavo yelled and everyone turned to the blonde, "Fix this!"