Chapter 3

"I'm telling you I can't stop thinking about it!" Lilac rolled her eyes, Henry was once again ranting about lettuce, "lettuce of all things? Why not talk about something else?" Liam questioned.

"Like finding a hot girl, like Lilac." Liam continued, winking at her. Lilac leaned against the lockers, I'm surrounded by idiots. "I would suggest talking about something normal." She suggested, clearly annoyed.

Henry rolled his eyes, "if you hangout with us, you have to listen to our conversations. Come on you know you love us". Lilac sighed and whispered to Jake who was standing next to her, clearly not listening to anything they were saying. "Jake! Jake!" She nudged him till he finally snapped out of his trance.

"Huh? Oh what did you say Lilac?" Lilac sighed, "I haven't said anything. It's just these two," she points at Henry and Liam "never stop talking". Jake let out a small laugh, "I know they annoy you but come on they're not like that all the time!"

"Whatever you say Jakey". Lilac muttered. Lilac turned her head to attempt to get away from the very odd conversation, she spotted Drew slowly approaching them, Lilac let out a whistle and leaned over to Jake, "hey Jakey, your boyfriend's here". She smirked.

Jake turned red as a tomato, "h-he's not my boyfriend!" He covered his face with his hands. "Not yet". Lilac gave him a knowing look. When she turned around Drew had stood next to her. Hehe time to play matchmaker. "Hey Drew, Jake missed you". She whispered in his ear. He blushed softly than smirked, "oh did he now".

Drew caught Jake's eye and winked at him, Jake turned bright red, he tried hiding his face in his jacket. Lilac exchanged a knowing look with Liam and Henry, she then realized what time it was, "Well Jake we better get to rehearsals!" She strutted up to Jake who was still red, and grabbed his wrist, dragging him to the music room, leaving the homies staring at them as they walked off.

"Lilac! Why did you do that!" Jake scolded when they were a ways down the hall, he was still embarrassed about the whole Drew fiasco, "come on I know you like him". She smirked.

"No I do-". Lilac placed a finger on Jake's mouth before he could protest, "Hush my child, I shall teach you the ways of love, and how to get your man". She teases. Lilac took her finger off Jake's mouth, still embarrassed Jake hurried ahead of Lilac, "h-hey we should get to the music room! D-don't want to be scolded by Hailey for being late do we?" Jake stutters.

Lilac ran towards him, who by now had opened the door to a surprised Hailey, "wow never thought you would be early Jake". Without a word, Jake entered the music room, he was no longer red, but swiftly grabbed Lilac's wrist and pulled her towards two microphones that were set out. Zander shot Lilac a suspicious glare, he stepped towards her and whispers in her ear, "I don't know what you're up to, but I know it's nothing good".

Lilac met his eyes when Zander pulled his head back to face her, "I'm not up to anything, I have no reason to use you or the club". She growled quietly. Zander glared at her once more before retreating towards his piano. Hailey snapped her fingers to get the club's attention, "I'm going to have rehearsals at my house on Friday". She announced. "I thought it would be a good way for Lilac to get to know us".

All the club members nodded willingly, except for Zander who protested, "why would we want a chance to get to know her? I'm telling you she's using us!" Zander spat. Hailey snorted in annoyance, "Zander she's new to our group, at least try to get to know her".

Zander rolled his eyes, but didn't argue any further. "Well I guess we've all agreed! So Lilac, what do you say?" Hailey asked. Lilac turned to Jake, he nodded slowly, Lilac turned to Hailey, meeting her eyes. "I don't see why not". She said at last. Hailey smiled, "well it's settled then. Anyways we should get to pract-".

Hailey was interrupted by the club door slamming open Lilac knew immediately who it was, oh no why are Holly and Misty here? Lilac walked over to her friends, "what are you guys doing here?" Lilac whisper yelled, the music club staring at her.

"We came to watch your rehearsals!" Holly exclaimed. "Uh Lilac, who are they?" She heard Luke ask, she turned towards the club, Holly and Misty standing behind her. "They're my other friends, Holly and Misty", she gestured to both of the girls as she said their names.

"Thanks for letting Lilac join! Maybe this can help to not be so grumpy all the time." Misty practically yelled. Lilac narrowed her eyes, swiftly turning her head towards Misty, "I'm not grumpy all the time!" She snapped.

Holly and Misty rolled their eyes, "uh huh". They said in unison. Lilac turned away from them and walked towards the microphone where Jake looked like he was trying hard not to laugh, "not a word". She scolded, giving him an annoyed look.

Holly and Misty had by now went to stand next to Milly, it looked like the three of them were mimicking Lilac's grumpy behavior, idiots. "Zander, Sean give us a beat."

Hailey instructed. Zander trotted towards his piano, and Sean towards his laptop, "now's your time to shine", Jake whispered in Lilac's ear. "Aren't you going to sing with me?" She asked. Jake shook his head, "I'll join you next time don't worry, plus no one can say no to my angelic voice." Jake said, putting on a winning smile.

Lilac rolled her eyes playfully, Zander and Sean started a beat, and the dark blue haired girl let the music surround her.

I've missed your calls for months it seems
Don't realize how mean I can be
Cause I can sometimes treat the people
That I love like jewelry
'Cause I can change my mind each day
I didn't mean to try you on
But I still know your birthday
And your mother's favorite song
So I'm sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry that I can't believe
That anybody ever really
Starts to fall in love with me
Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry that I can't believe
That anybody ever really
Starts to fall in love with me
Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry I could be so blind
Didn't mean to leave you
And all the things we have
And someone will love you
But someone isn't me

"You rock Lilac!" She heard Milly complimented
"Wow Lilac, you sang it so beautifully!" She heard Luke say. Lilac smiled shyly, "thanks guys", I can't get to close to them, I don't want to relive that pain.

"Lilac you're amazing! Exactly how I remember your voice sounding!" Misty exclaimed. Lilac's blushed in embarrassment, maybe I can try to trust them, but I'm not sure.