Chapter 23

It was the day after the jomies made peace with each other. For once in a long time Lilac's fear had practically vanished like leaves in the breeze, it felt as if the fear she had once felt was never there. Who would've thought that the jomies and music club would find a way to get along? Her fantasies of both groups making peace came true.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by noticing that Jake, Drew, and Liam were walking in her direction, "Lilac, have you seen Henry?" Liam asked, looking worried.

Lilac shook her head, "no, I haven't seen him. Is something wrong?"

Jake met her eyes,"we haven't seen him all day, we asked the music club, but they haven't seen him either. They're helping us look for him."

Lilac tapped her chin deep in thought. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't seen Henry since yesterday. "I'll help, I'll let you guys know if I find him." The three boys nodded before turning around and walking away. Lilac spun around on her heel, then walked away in the opposite direction.

Lilac's head was spinning with questions, was Henry hiding from them? Was he avoiding them for some reason? Did he still feel guilty about what happened? There were so many questions, but there wasn't anyway they would be answered unless she found Henry. She turned the corner only to find a strawberry blonde teen towering over someone, Lilac recognized her as Megan, the singer narrowed her eyes, though she didn't know the strawberry blonde well. What she did know was how manipulative she was, she was also a master at blackmailing.

Lilac decided to keep her distance for now so she could here what the older teen was saying, "there's no one to protect you now." Melissa hissed.

"Please just leave me alone!" A voiced squeaked, shaking with fear. Lilac immediately recognized the voice, it was Henry.

Melissa laughed historically, "why would I do that lettuce brain? No one wants you here, not even your own friends." She sneered.

She picked up the smaller boy by the neck and pinned him against the wall, causing him to cough as tears poured from his eyes like a waterfall while Melissa continued to taunt him, "you're just the comedic relief that only exists to continue the story. You're nothing and you'll always be nothing."

Lilac had heard enough, she lunged at the strawberry blonde, pulling her off Henry, he fell to the ground breathing heavily. Melissa stumbled from the impact with a grunt, not seeming to notice who had pushed her away, "who dares-" She spun around with clear anger on her face before it turned to shock then fear when she realized it was Lilac.

Her amber eyes that gleamed with fear met Lilac's who's eyes gleamed with anger, "what is wrong with you?" Lilac demanded.

Melissa's amber eyes widened with panic, "what are you talking about?" She rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

Lilac clenched her fists, fighting the urge to punch her right then and there, "don't play me for a fool! What were you doing to Henry?"

The strawberry blonde rolled her eyes, "do you seriously care about that loser? He's worthless, the school joke-"

She was cut off by Lilac forcefully shoving her against the wall with pure anger on her face, "don't you dare talk about my friend like that!" She hissed.

Melissa started to sweat, "you don't want to hurt me for that lettuce brain, right?" She smiled nervously, her eyes darting in several directions.

Lilac tightened her grip on the older girl, "oh but I do and I will, if you even think of hurting him again." The navy haired teen smirked, "I could easily get you expelled, and we wouldn't want that would we? If you ever mess with me or my friends you'll regret, that is my only promise to you." The navy haired girl's smirk turned into a frown, "do you understand?" She asked the strawberry blonde.