Chapter 7

It was about an hour later when Lilac had told Jake she needed time to think, to her relief he accepted without protest. She walked gracefully through the hallway deep in thought.

Why was Zander so mad at her? She's never done anything to them! She never wanted to, why would she hurt the people she's looked up to?

Lilac was about to turn the corner but before she could she heard something in one of the storage rooms. She put her ear against the door to listen, it sounded like someone was crying.

She slowly turned the door knob and it opened, Lilac was surprised to see that the person crying was Sadie. The black haired girl had her head buried in her knees sobbing quietly.

Lilac bent down next to her and tapped her on the shoulder, "Sadie? What's wrong?"

Sadie seemed to immediately freeze, she slowly raised her head up to reveal her purple eyes filled with tears.

"L-Lilac what are you doing here?" She rasped.

Lilac shot her concerned look, "why are you crying?"

Sadie stared at her in astonishment, everyone Lilac knew was afraid of the black haired girl, but she never understood why.

She took a deep breath looking into Lilac's sapphire blue eyes, "everyone is afraid of me! Every time I walk over to say hi to someone they run away." She whispered in between sobs.

Lilac gently wrapped Sadie into a tight hug, "there's so much more to you than people understand."

When she let go of her Sadie stared at her in shock, "aren't you afraid of me?" She asked.

Lilac shook her head, "I was never scared of you. It's not your fault that the others don't see the real you."

Sadie smiled sadly,"thank you, but I wish that everyone wasn't so afraid of me. I'm just kind of shy, it's always been hard for me to make friends. And Ms. Jones calling on me to get everyone to shut up doesn't help." She wiped away some of the tears in her eyes.

Lilac tapped her chin, "you know, back in Middle School people were afraid of me." She chuckled lightly.

Sadie's eyes widened, "really?"

Lilac nodded, "they called me The Blue Haired Psycho. Mainly because I would beat up anyone who hurt the other students."

Sadie stared at her in astonishment, "so you would beat up the bullies?"

"Yep!" Lilac exclaimed proudly.

The blue haired girl narrowed her eyes, "I could never tolerate bullies ever since I found out my best friend had to deal with them."

Sadie nodded in understanding, "you protected them. Because you knew it wasn't right."

Lilac moved Sadie's bangs off her face, "I'll tell Ms. Jones to never ask you to tell the class to shut up ok?"

Sadie's eyes lit up, "you would do that for me?"

Lilac crossed her heart, "of course I would I consider you a friend. I promise to get this settled."

"A friend!" Sadie whispered happily.

Lilac helped Sadie to her feet before the black haired girl wrapped in a tight hug. "Thank you Lilac."

Lilac hugged her back before they separated and walked out of the room. "I better go see you later Sadie."

The two waved at each other before going in different directions. Lilac already felt happier than she felt a bit ago

The blue haired girl walked a few inches before she saw Jake bolting towards her. "Jake what are you ok?" She asked her best friend.

Jake looked up at her when he caught his breath, "sing with me."

Lilac's eyes widened, "what?"