Chapter 17

Lilac trudged through the hallway, she felt kind of guilty about what she said to the jomies. But she knew they had to hear how she felt, they needed to know how much this whole situation was hurting both her and Jake. Well at least I get to spend time with the music club. She smiled to herself. But that smile immediately faded when she saw the club run past her in tears and anger, that's strange.

She trotted over to the music room, before she could open the door she heard sobbing from inside. Her blue eyes widened in concern. She opened the door and let it slam behind her, the navy haired girl's eyes widened in shock when she saw Jake sobbing on the floor, "Jake!" She shrieked, bolting towards him. She bent down and pulled her best friend into her arms, she began whispering sweet nothings to him. Her blue eyes narrowed in fury, who ever made him cry; she was going to make them pay. "Who did this to you?" She demanded. "It's all my fault!" He sobbed. The navy haired girl was looking at her best friend in confusion, "what do you mean? You haven't done anything". She said gently.

Jake let out a whimper, "someone sent a recording about what I said yesterday to the club". Lilac felt like a knife had stabbed her in the heart, how could they have gotten a recording of that? The peach-blond put his arms around her, "they kicked me out and told me to stay away from them. I'm so stupid!" Jake's voice cracked as more tears fell from his eyes. The navy haired girl's gaze turned from shocked to furious as she felt a sudden rush of fury. They had told him to choose sides and now they yell at him and kick him out? How could they do this to him?

A wolf-like growl rose in her throat, "They. Did. WHAT?!" She hissed. Jake just sobbed into her shoulder as he tightened his grip on her. Her pupils narrowed the club had hurt her best friend, they had no right to yell at him like that, not after they kept pressuring him and wouldn't leave him alone until he chose a side. Lilac felt pure rage grip her heart, he had done so much for them and this is how they repay him? He gave his all for them and helped every single one of the club members, yet none of them helped him or told him he didn't have to choose a side. This was the last straw, the jomies and music club had crossed the line.

The navy haired girl knew what she had to do. She helped her best friend to his feet, Jake was visibly shaking and kept muttering, 'this is all my fault' over and over again. Seeing her best friend like this brought back all the hatred she felt in the past. "Go find Holly and Misty. There's something I need to deal with". She growled. Before she could turn around, Jake fixed her with a pleading look, "Lilac if you're about to do what I think you're going to do, please don't do it ." She raised an eyebrow in response before the blond continued, "it's not worth it. After all this is my fault". He muttered, this only made Lilac more angry, "alright fine". She said instead.

Her best friend nodded gratefully before he trotted out of the music room, not noticing that Lilac had been crossing her fingers the whole time.

Lilac trudged through the halls, her blue eyes scanning them like a hawk, how could she be so stupid? She thought they cared, but no; they were causing both her and Jake misery without even noticing. Now she was going to make them listen whether they liked it or not. Before she could turn the corner, she heard a familiar voice and another one she didn't recognize, they seemed to be talking to each other about something. The navy haired girl hid behind a locker, peering over her shoulder so she could hear what they were saying. There were two boys, one was none other than Tyler and the other was someone she didn't recognize, "did they get it?" The boy she didn't recognize asked. Tyler grinned smugly, "you better believe they did! You should've seen the look on Jake's face when they played him the recording". He laughed proudly.

Realization hit Lilac like a bolt of lightning, Tyler was the one who sent the recording to the club, it all made sense now. Except for one thing, who sent it to Tyler? Thankfully the mystery boy answered that question for her, "I'm glad Zoey chose us to send it to that freak club". He smirked. Of course it was Zoey! She remembered the way the blonde girl had glanced down at her phone. Zoey must have recorded Jake and sent it to Tyler. Of course she would choose Tyler. Since the music club doesn't know who he is or what he's done to Jake. "Now he has no one! He's the same loser freak he always has been!" Tyler jeered. The other boy lifted an eyebrow, "but what about Lilac? Aren't the two like best friends or something?" Tyler rolled his eyes and scoffed, "there's no way Jake could have stayed friends with someone like Lilac. Why would she ever be friends let alone best friends with a pathetic freak?" Lilac let out a growl as she leaped out of her hiding place to confront Tyler.