Chapter 21

Lilac was walking up the stairs towards the rooftop, it was her free period; Jake had English, so she was alone at the moment. She expected to see the music club and jomies arguing, but she never did. The navy haired girl expected to hear yelling all throughout the hallways and a crowd chanting, "fight!" "Fight!" As both sides continued to argue about who is to blame for the reason that her and Jake are upset.

However, she never saw any sort of fighting today. She made it to the rooftop and walked towards the fence, why do I kind of feel bad? She shook her head, no! They hurt you and Jake! They don't deserve your forgiveness. it's not like they will understand anyway.

She really wanted the club and jomies to get along, she used to have daydreams about them getting along. But as she got to know both sides, her fantasies faded away. The hope she had of them possibly becoming friends consumed her thoughts, until she saw how they would argue every time they crossed paths. As a result, her hope faded away and her fantasies became blurry, realizing that would never happen. No matter how hard her and Jake might try the navy haired girl knew they would never get along it would forever remain a fantasy that would dance in her head, taunting her for even thinking that it would even be possible for both sides to get along.

Not to mention Jake and I will always be the center of their arguments, I had to tell them the truth, or it would get worse. She thought bitterly. This was one of the main reasons that caused her to snap at both friend groups. She was sick and tired of them arguing over herself and Jake, she was done with them treating like they were some prize to be won. Lilac had always hated the very thought of her friends arguing. Her ex-friends used to fight over her; they would argue over who she liked most, who got the most money to buy things, who got the best grades, who had the best style and so much more.

The navy haired girl developed a deep fear of watching her friends fight ever since then. Witnessing the jomies and music club argue had brought back those painful memories, no one seemed to notice since she forced herself to hide her fear.

When she got to the rooftop she paced towards the fence and gripped it with her hand.

I'm tired of being what you want me to be

Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface

Don't know what you're expecting of me

Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes

Every step that I take is another mistake to you

(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow

I've become so numb

I can't feel you there

Become so tired

So much more aware

I'm becoming this

All I want to do

Is be more like me

And be less like you

Can't you see that you're smothering me

Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control?

'Cause everything that you thought I would be

Has fallen apart right in front of you

Every step that I take is another mistake to you