Chapter 16

Lilac was standing in the hallway searching for her best friend, she suddenly saw him sadly walking towards her. The navy teen trotted over to walk beside him, "are you ok Jake?" She asked in concern. The blond looked up at her with a warm smile, "I'm ok. Don't worry about me." He's lying. She wasn't convinced, "I know you better than that. You know you can tell me anything right?" She studied him, wondering if some jerk had hurt him, however she didn't see any bruises or any sort of injury.

Jake took a deep breath, "I've been thinking about who's side to choose." He muttered. Lilac just sighed, "you don't have to pick a side Jake." She told him. Her best friend looked at her, his face full of sadness, "but I have to! you heard Hailey!" Lilac bit her lip, "what I mean is, you shouldn't have to." She wanted Jake to know that he shouldn't pick a side, since he's clearly happy with both sides. It hurt Lilac the most that they couldn't get along, that's really all she ever wanted not only for Jake but for herself as well.

Jake stayed silent until he spotted Zander and Hailey. The teen now had a small smile on his face, Lilac let herself smile as well, "why hello there Mister Simp and Queen Sarcastic." Zander greeted in a teasing tone. Lilac's eyes gleamed with amusement as she replied in an equally teasing tone, "hello to you to Mr. Grape King." Zander playfully rolled his eyes while Jake giggled quietly. "So Millys' taken it upon herself to design matching jackets for the club." The purple haired boy informed them, "but I can't imagine how ghastly the design will be if we let her do it alone. So we have no choice but to help." Lilac felt that Zander would for sure do well in theater if he kept this up.

"You two gonna come check it out with us?" Hailey asked. Lilac glanced at Jake, he giggled a little, "we would but, Lilac and I are hanging out with Drew and the others now so, uh..." He explained. "Ah, ok". Zander replied. Lilac exchange a look with Hailey, "well we'll see you two later then." Hailey grabbed Zander's wrist and began dragging him with her, "come on Zander, those jackets aren't going to design themselves". "Hey! Why does everyone think they can drag me around like a ragdoll?" The purple haired boy complained.

"Alright Lilac, let's go." Jake said when the two siblings were out of sight, Lilac trailed after him as he spotted the jomies by the lockers. "Ah-ha! I told you they'd show up!" Liam exclaimed while Henry looked shocked then annoyed, "you owe me a soda!" The brown-haired boy told the shorter who looked annoyed, "heya." Jake greeted Drew with a straight face when they got close enough, "oh Jake, Lilac. I'm surprised you two aren't ditching us for the music frea-" Lilac shot him a glare and so did Jake, "club for once". Drew corrected. Well, that's new. He'd really do anything for Jake, huh?

Jake groaned, "we said we would come, didn't we?" He asked. Lilac put a hand on her hip with an annoyed look, you mean you said you would come. "Could we just get going already?" Lilac huffed. Drew playfully rolled his eyes, "ok Queen of Sarcasm." "Hmf." The navy girl huffed, which caused Jake to laugh. Drew looked over at Zoey who was putting on mascara, "you finally ready to leave Zoey?" He asked the blonde girl, "just a sec!" Zoey replied, Lilac just rolled her eyes. "Can't you just do that at my place?" Drew asked, losing his patience. "Beauty is patience Drewy Bear." She told him. Lilac glanced over at Jake who looked heartbroken, her blue eyes softened, he wished he was the one with Drew. Not Zoey.

"I don't think that's how the saying goes." Drew said. "Wait a second I forgot something important in the music room, give me a minute." Lilac told them, realizing that she never put her song book back into her locker. "Alright well, we'll be waiting anyway so go ahead." Lilac was surprised that the magenta haired boy was ok with her going, "okayyyyy I'll see you guys in a minute". She said awkwardly. Jake stopped her by grabbing her wrist, "hey do you want me to come with you?" He whispered. Lilac shook her head, "I'll be quick. Plus, you get to spend more time with Drew." She winked at the end with a smirk. Jake went red, "s-shut up!"