Chapter 15

TW-depression, self-harm, mentions of suicide and self-harm, bullying. If any of these make you uncomfortable, please skip the segments where they are mentioned or skip this chapter entirely. This is an angsty chapter. Also, it's VERY long.

Lilac was walking to the music room, for the first time Jake was there before her. She loved having the club over at her mansion; her siblings seemed to like them as much as the jomies when she first brought them over. She finally got to the club room and opened the door. The only people in there were Jake, Milly, Zander, Luke, and Hailey. Milly's eyes lit up as she saw her, the pink haired girl galloped over to her, "can you believe Jake is early for once?" Zander asked. "Nope. He's always late to everything." She mused.

Jake shot her an annoyed glance which caused Lilac to playfully roll her eyes. Hailey walked over to the navy haired girl, "we wanted to talk to you about something." She explained. Lilac glanced around looking for Sean, "shouldn't we wait for Sean?" She asked. "He said he's not going to be here today." The teal haired girl explained. Lilac nodded in understanding. Meanwhile Jake had walked next to her.

"So what did you want to talk to us about?" The blond asked. The four club members exchanged looks, "we wanted to talk about who you are going to choose". Luke said calmly. Lilac glanced at Jake who looked on edge, he can't choose a side. Neither of us can. She turned her gaze back to the club, "why now?" She asked, putting a hand on her hip. "Because we only have three weeks left until the competition". Hailey told her. Zander took a pace next to his stepsister, "Hailey is right. It's time to choose. You know you have to choose anyway at some point". Lilac's blue eyes wandered over to Jake who stood next to her; he looked uneasy. She looked back to the club. They stared at the two sternly, clearly waiting for their answer. Jake's eyes were wide with fear, Lilac knew he couldn't choose. Do they even notice how much pressure this is causing him?

The navy haired teen decided to take matters into her own hands, "actually Jake and I are late for something." She started quickly, hoping the four would buy her lie. She glanced at Jake, "right Jake?" The blond seemed to realize what his best friend was trying to do and played along, "oh yeah we have to... uh-". He looked over at Lilac nervously, silently asking her to quickly think of something, "we have to meet Holly and Misty. They said they had something interesting to show us". She sputtered out. The four club members blinked, "ok. I guess we'll talk about this later". Hailey replied awkwardly. Lilac narrowed her eyes; we shouldn't have to talk about this at all. She thought bitterly.

"Ok Lilac let's go. Don't want to keep those two waiting". Jake said, dragging Lilac by the wrist and out the door. Lilac didn't complain this time, she just wanted to be as far away from the club as possible. Her best friend pulled her into one of the spare rooms; he let go of her wrist and faced her, his eyes sparkled with sadness, "I can't choose! I just can't!" He yelled shakily. Lilac's blue eyes softened, "I know you can't". Jake looked at her with desperation, "what do I do Lilac?" The navy haired girl sighed sadly, "I'm sorry Jake, but I don't know". She admitted shaking her head sadly. The blond stared down at his feet, his navy haired best friend put a hand on his shoulder to show her support.

She lifted his chin to look into his eyes, "just know that no matter what you choose I'll be right by your side." She said, smiling sweetly; her gaze also softened while she reassured him. Jake raised his head; he had tears in his hazel eyes. Lilac's gaze darkened with worry before her best friend replied, "you'll always be there for me, right?" He sniffed. The navy haired girl smiled softly, "of course I will! You're my best friend." She purred. She gently wiped his tears away, "after all birds of a feather flock together." Jake looked back at her, with a small smile, "I don't know what I would do without you." He confessed. "I just wish they all understood how much the thought of only picking one side and losing the other hurts". The blond told her, staring into the distance.