Chapter 5

Lilac started at her reflection in the mirror in her room. She kept replaying what Hailey and Zander had said, why do I want to please them so much? Lilac aggressively shook her head.

Did Zander think it was easy being her!? Is it because I'm a model? Does he think I'm a brat because of that? Lilac never wanted to be a model! She didn't want to let her siblings down.

None of her family members ever took singing as a hobby or a career. She remembers when she tried to dance for her older sister Orchid, it was going well until she fell over, Lilac had gotten a wound on her left eye. It felt like a knife had stabbed her when she looked up to see Orchid looking really disappointed and and maybe even a little ashamed and the dance instructor looking annoyed.

Lilac glared at her reflection, "what's wrong with me?! "Everywhere I go I just make things worse! "Why doesn't anyone understand?!" Lilac let out a shaky breath, "I'm not some stupid brat that thinks she owns everything or is better than everyone else!" Lilac punched the air, she then gazed at herself in the mirror

Look at me
I will never pass for a perfect model
Or a perfect sister
Can it be
I'm not meant to play this part?

Now I see
That if I were truly to be myself
I would break my family's heart

Who is that girl I see
Staring strait back at me?
Why is my reflection some one I don't know?

Somehow I cannot hide, who I am though I've tried
When will my reflection show who I am inside?

A single tear slid down her cheek, Lilac heard the door open slightly. She froze thinking that it was her siblings but to her relief when she turns around it was her two wolf-dogs Tempest and Fearless.

 She froze thinking that it was her siblings but to her relief when she turns around it was her two wolf-dogs Tempest and Fearless

Tempest looks like this

Fearless looks like this

Lilac bent down to give the two a scratch behind the ears, "at least you two understand me." Tempest pressed her nose against Lilac's cheek, and Fearless gave her a small lick.

Lilac giggled, "thanks to you two I'm never alone." She pressed her forehead against the two wolf-dogs'. "Lilac! It's time for dinner!"

Her head shot up at the voice of her big sister Nora, "alright I'm coming!" Lilac stood up and ran through the door Tempest and Fearless hot on her heels.

Lilac picked at her steak with her fork she looked up to stare at the pictures of her winning modeling shows, her gaze was emotionless.

" So how was everyone's day?" Her brother in law Max asked. "I learned how to make things out of clay!" Cherry told them, bouncing up and down in her seat.

"That's great dear, now finish your food". Nora told her daughter. The blue and violet haired girl then began to shovel pieces of steak into her mouth.

"There is this girl that is kind of obsessed with me, and I flirted with her and it looked like she was about to faint". Lilac's older brother Hunter told them smugly Lilac rolled her eyes playfully, tearing her eyes away from the photos she then looked down at her plate and started fiddling with her food.

"What about you Lilac?" Valeria asked her little sister. Lilac dropped her fork her eyes wide, what was she supposed to say? "I um did something..." was all she could say.
Her big brother Leo raised a brow, "what did you do Lilac?" All eyes were on her, they know I'm making up excuses.
Lilac let out a sigh, "I joined the music club, we had rehearsals at Zander and Hailey's house." Lilac braced herself for all of them to yell at her.

But when she looked up she saw all of them smiling at her. Orchid stood up and hugged her followed by the rest of her siblings, then Cherry and Max. "We're so proud of you!" Nora whispered. They let go of her.

"But you also need to focus on your modeling career." Orchid pointed out, putting a hand on her hip. Lilac faked a smile. "Don't worry I will." When they went back to there seats, Lilac let her smile fall into a frown.

After dinner Lilac rushed to her room, slammed the door, and locked it behind her. She let herself fall against it, a few tears escaped her eyes.

Where do I belong? She shoved her face into her knees. Was her life always going to be like this?

Sorry this chapter is kind of short I'll try to make the next one longer have nice day/night.
- Icicle