The Avengers(1)

Age recap: 11

We begin with y/n and Zed resting together in his bed within the rust bucket. Both taking a much needed nap after their fun trip down to a river. Where were that? Well, max thought it would be nice to take a nice week off and just live by a river for a while, y/n agreed, and he was loving every second of it. So was Zed. But it sadly didn't last long. As y/n's phone went off, disturbing y/n and Zed's slumber, and Max's fishing.

Y/n: "what the..?"

Y/n groans and picks up his phone, with Zed yawning behind him, just as max enters the RV.

Y/n: "hello. Y/n Tennyson speaking"

Fury: "about damn time. I've been trying to call you for the past hour"

Y/n: "fury..? What's up? and uh... I haven't gotten any calls... Neither did grandpa"

Fury: "...did you get a new phone?"

Y/n: "yes actually, last one got destroyed by animo, you know how it is"

Fury: "uh-huh. Well, it's happening"

Y/n: "what's happening?"

Max: "dear God..."

Fury: "the avengers are on. Congrats kid, your on a super hero team. I have on of my agents pick you up. She might need help with another one. So your going with her"

Y/n: "uh... Sure? When will-"

Before y/n could ask, there was a knock on the RV door. Max and y/n look at each other, before Zed started growling.

Y/n: "nevermind... I think she's here..."

Fury: "good. Now listen to her, think of her as your babysitter"

Y/n: "my what!?"

Before y/n could complain, fury hung up, just as another knock is heard.

Max: "well. I suppose you should get a bag together. Take Zed with you, you know, for support"

Y/n: "right, right"

Y/n quickly grabs a bag from under his bed, packing up the things he needs, as max opens the door to the RV, before stepping out.

Max: "romanoff"

Nat: "Tennyson"

Max: "it's good seeing you again. But let me leave you and fury a warning. If I see any scratch on my grandson, I will hold you responsible"

Nat: "I'll treat him like my own"

Max: "you better. He's all I have left of them"

Nat: "I know... And I'm sorry"

Max: "don't be. Just keep him safe"

Y/n: "I'm packed! Come on Zed! Let's go girl!"

Both y/n and Zed hop out of the RV, just for max to pull y/n into a hug.

Max: "be safe"

Y/n: "I will. I have Zed to watch my back, don't worry grandpa"

Max chuckles and ruffles y/n's hair, before he knelt down to pet Zed.

Max: "keep a close eye on him girl"

Zed barks in response, which caused y/n to chuckle.

Nat: "hey kid. Natasha romanoff"

Y/n: "um... Y/n Tennyson!"

Nat: "nice to meet you y/n, now come on, we got a long trip ahead of us"