Be-Knignted (one-shot)

We began inside a gym. A regular, human gym. It was late at night, and it was empty. Apart from three figures. Y/n, zed, and rook.

Rook was standing off to the side confused, zed laying down next to his feet, and y/n at a punching bag, in his tactical pants, boots, and a tank top.

Rook: "I do not understand..."

Y/n: "relax rook. You have your form of training, I have my own"

Rook: "and what exactly is this training magister?"

Y/n: "same kind and old friend of mine used to do"

Y/n stopped, and stood up straight.

Y/n: "I've been trying to use his training methods. Build some muscle"

Rook: "what about your mother's training?"

Y/n: "I've been keeping up with that. After all, I'm her kid. Gotta bring up that legacy"

Suddenly, a plumber rushed into the building, panting.

Plumber: "magister! We have an issue!"

Y/n: "hit me"

Plumber: "the forever knights... They request an audience with you"

Y/n: "the forever knights... So they finally show themselves. Let's go rook"

Rook: "yes magister"

Y/n whistles, as zed stands up. Y/n grabs his things, and walked off, followed by rook and zed.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Y/n: "you can't be serious"

The three were inside a large castle, being led down by a member of the knights, who's simply called Squire.

squire: "No, it's all true. Everyone thinks dragons are creatures of myth, fiction. But they're real, sir.  At least one was... and is"

Y/n: "”is”?"

Squire nods.

Squire: "a thousand years ago a handful of knights battled a giant
fire-breathing beast. They were the king's greatest warriors, but even they couldn't finish it off. All they could do was trap it and then build a stone fortress around it. Years went by. Dozens of farfetched dragon legends sprang up. But all the while, the knights were passing the custody of the real beast down from father to son to grandson. Unfortunately, the dragon was invulnerable to every new weapon
we tried on it. The latest was an alien
quantum-disassembler cannon. We had high hopes for it, and still do, but... well, the dragon escaped. Sir tennyson, we need you to help us"

Y/n: "and you want me to take part in this?"

Squire: "Yes, sir. Join us in our most noble of causes!"

Y/n: "you do know that the forever knights tried to kill me multiple times, right!"

Squire: "I... I did not"

Rook: "I do not mean to interrupt, but how can we believe if there is a dragon? Surely we would have got a message from the other plumbers of its escape?"

Y/n: "you got a point rook. How can we be sure if this dragon is real?"

Suddenly, another knight has walked up. This one huge, and absolutely built. His name was Connor. And he was a jerk.

connor: "There most assuredly is a dragon. You have my word"

Squire: "sir tennyson, Sir rook, madam zed, this is Connor, the greatest of all
the Forever Knights"