10

|| CLOSER ||
CHAPTER 10

NYX LAYED IN HER BED, deep in thoughts about Tom's last actions

He was kissing her neck and her shoulders.
That wasn't something best friends would do, it definitely wasn't.
And the thought that he might want to be something else, made her stomach filled with butterflies.

And what made it even worse was the constantly need to be near him.
God, she wanted to feel his lips on her again.
She just wanted to be near him and she was so desperate for it.

But she also knew she has only five minutes left before she has to leave for her DADA lesson.
She wasn't in the mood, but what made it worse was that her seat is right next to Tom's.

With a sigh she heaved herself from the bed and went in her small bathroom to check her appearance.

Her gaze met her mirror image and she rolled her eyes at herself.
Her hair was a mess, her uniform not neat anymore and a little red spot was under her jaw.
Tom was indeed a fucking asshole for leaving her 'marked'.

And she was angered after seeing the engraving on the ring he gifted her.
He knew exactly what it means for a pureblood witch to receive jewelry, but only worse it was when someone's damn initials were engraved on it and on top of it, his entire name inside.
Tom was literally marking her and it got on her nerves.

If the boy doesn't have balls to make it official, then he can let her live.
He doesn't need to show everyone that she belongs to him, when she isn't even his to beginn with.
Tom Riddle was fucking confusing and literally a damn riddle.

After she made herself presentable once again, she took her books and made her way to her classroom.
She wasn't in the mood for this lesson, simply because a god damn boy.
Yet she was confused, she never let a boy affect her.
So what was wrong with her?
But he wasn't just any boy, he was Tom Riddle.

The attractive, witty, ambitious, charming, jealous and possessive Devil in disguise.

And she fucking loved it.

NYX ENTERED THE ALREADY FULL CLASSROOM WITH A SIGH.
She was not ready to face her best friend again.

The brunette boy who was already in his seat, felt a familiar presence entering the room.
A small smile was playing on his lips and he could already picture her scowl.

His head turned to the right after hearing footsteps and he was met with a scowling Nyx, which made him chuckle.
Of course she was mad at him and this lesson will be so much fun.

THE LESSON WAS FULL ON GOING and the professor was telling the class about curses.
Nyx wasn't listening to everything, she more affected by the closeness of Tom right now.
Whenever he talked it felt like it was directly at her ear and his breath always made her shiver.

She closed her eyes, trying to calm down, because a nervous Nyx isn't doing any good.

However her eyes snapped open widely, when she felt a cold hand on her knee, rings grazing her delicate skin.

Tom was more than enjoying himself and started running his hand down her knee and up her thigh.
But as soon as he went to go higher, Nyx's hand clammed around his.

"Stop.", she whispered and after taking a look at her, Tom noticed her flustered face.

"I am not doing anything, darling.", the boy leaned in and kissed her cheek softly.
He chuckled before taking his hand back, leaving her alone.

As soon as the lesson was finished, Nyx took her things and just left the room without giving Tom any acknowledgment.
The brunette boy chuckled at her pettiness and followed her with a shake of his head.

Meanwhile the four 'followers' were watching this from the other side of the classroom as they started to leave the room.

"What do you think happened?", Damien questioned with furrowed eyebrows and a curious gaze.

"I mean we all saw the cheek kiss.", Abraxas shrugged, taking his book in his hands.

"Yes we did and that is what makes it interesting.", Nicholas said, deep in thoughts and left the classroom with the boys trailing behind him.

Meanwhile Nyx walked fast towards the great hall, but a hand caught her wrist, yanking her back.
She crashed towards a hard chest and looked up to see a amused Tom.

"Why are you in such a hurry?", he asked in a cheeky tone, which made Nyx scowl at him.

Nyx was mad and felt the need to say the things to him that were on her mind.

"You know what?
You can't just go around and tell anyone that I belong to you, when you don't have the courage to finally ask me out.", she blurted out and a smirk formed itself on her face when she saw his taken back expression.

But the boy soon caught himself and decided to do what she just wanted from him.

"Go out with me.", these words made the girl shiver and her smirk disappeared.

"What?", she questioned loudly with furrowed eyebrows, confused at how fast the boy gave in.

"Next weekend hogsmeade, you and I.", Tom replied and Nyx felt her cheeks heat up.

"I can finally show you that you are mine.", he added and gave her a cheek kiss, before entering the great hall with a big smirk.
Leaving behind a smiling girl.