18

|| POWER AND TEARS ||CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

MONTHS LATER AND THE COUPLE was more than happy with each other.
They did everything together and couldn't get enough from each other.
It was rather a surprise that Tom Riddle could be so smitten with a girl.
Merlin, he would do everything for her.
He knew it, his friends knew it, the entire school knew it.

He planned things in his mind.
Plans about proposing her, getting her away from her shitty family, marrying her, having kids—only when Nyx wants to of course, it would be her decision.
Everything was good, everyone was happy, until one day at breakfast a letter arrived.

"𝘕𝘺𝘹 𝘐 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶-"

That was all Nyx needed to hear as her breath grew rigged.
Her brown eyes snapped to Tom, who looked at her worryingly.
Her entire friend group looked at her with confused and concerned faces.
But before anyone could say anything, she stood up and fast left the great hall.

The boys looked at each other, standing up at the same time and followed after her.
They looked around after exiting then hall, but she wasn't in sight.
The five searched everywhere and then decided to look outside.

As soon as they stepped outside, they noticed the grey sky and lightings.
It was nearly summer?
And the sun was shining earlier?
What the fuck was happening?

"Fuck, where is she?", worried Tom, going through his hair as he lost his cool in front of the others.

Abraxas placed his hand on Tom's shoulder and said,"We will find her, don't worry."
He sighed and then added,"Do you know any place where she goes to when she isn't feeling well?"

Tom's head snapped towards him as he answered,"But of course.The Room of Requirement."

The boys rushed towards the room and then walked three times in front of it to open.
A door soon appeared and they entered it slowly, not wanting to scare Nyx when she sees them.
But the sight in front of them was shocking-

Nyx was trashing the entire room and threw things around with so much force, that it all shattered.
They heard heartbreaking sobs escaping her body as she destroyed everything around her.

Tom went forwards, gripping her wrist as she was about to smash a vase on the floor.
She turned around and met the grey eyes of the boy she loved.
Of the boy she wasn't about or allowed to marry.

All the boy felt was his heart breaking at Nyx's state.
Hot tears were streaming down her face, her brown eyes were surrounded by red, her lips were trembling as her entire body shook in fear and anger.
Neither of them had ever seen Nyx this upset or even crying and they all worried about her.

Nyx tried to take her arm out of Tom's grip, but it was far too strong and held her back.
He took her other arm in his and pulled her closer.

"Nyx, calm down. Calm down.", he said, but she continued to trash in his hold.
"Calm the fuck down, Nyx.", he ordered harshly and eventually she stopped, making all of them sigh in relief.

The Riddle boy whipped away her tears and asked gently,"What's the matter, my love?"

Nyx began to hyperventilate again as her entire body shook.
How could she explain the boy she loves that she could never marry him?
How could she explain that she would have to marry someone else?

All this caused her emotions to overload and all the lights began to flicker.
The windows broke and all the pieces of glass fell on the floor.

"Holy shit.", Nicholas muttered and glanced around the room.
Since when did Nyx has so much power?

All the boys, minus Tom, stared at Nyx astonished.
Meanwhile Tom held her gaze as he tried to figure out what happened.
Who hurt his girl like this and how can he make it stop?

"Nyx, my love, you need to calm down okay? You don't need to panic. Everything will be alright, I promise.
I am there for you, I will help you, okay?
Just stop and explain to me or us what happened.", Tom's gentle voice entered her mind and she looked down on the floor in shame.
"Now, there is no need to be ashamed, but if you are, just look at me, okay?"

"I fucking hate him.", she muttered, her voice cracking as the lights stopped flickering.

Tom looked at the boys for a second, signaling them to clean up the room, so Nyx wouldn't panic about her doings.
He knew these things could trigger her even more and all he wanted was her happiness and no more tears.

"Tell me who, darling.", responded Tom as he caressed her cheek softly.
He hated that she was in such a state, he hated that she wasn't feeling good and wanted nothing more than to kill the person who caused this.

Nyx put her trembling hands on his face as he held them tightly in his hands, mentioning that he would be there for her.
"He is doing it, he is marrying me off this summer."

And these words were like a stab in Tom's heart.
No, no, no, that wouldn't happen.
Never would he let this happen.
No one will take Nyx away from him and especially not the sad excuse of her father.

"We will stop it, I promise. We will try anything, my love. I won't let that happen.", he assured Nyx as he kissed her forehead.

Nyx eyes wandered around, her eyes not able to stay on one place as she tried to order her thoughts.
"He—he will kill me. He will bloody kill me if I refuse."

Tom's hands found her waist as he pulled her closer to him.
He grabbed her chin, forcing her to look into his eyes.
"That won't happen, I promise Nyx. No one will put their hands on you. Not he and no one else. I will make sure of that."

"I don't want to burden you Tom.", she muttered and tried to look away, but Tom's grip on her face was far too strong.

He pulled a little of her hand behind her ear as he exclaimed,"Don't you dare to say that again. Don't you fucking dare Nyx. You will never be a burden and I will never let anyone take you away from me. You will stay with me and won't marry someone else, I promise."

The Riddle pulled her into his arms as she gripped his shirt, making sure he wouldn't leave her.
And he wouldn't, Tom would never leave her.
Never.