20

|| MY GIRL ||
CHAPTER 20

IT WAS A WEEK LATER and Nyx felt slightly better.
It was a big help, that Tom was by her side all week.
He claimed them both sick for the week and were in her room as he helped her with her traumatic experience.
After four days, she got comfortable around Malfoy again, which wasn't a surprise since they were always the best of friends, siblings even.
She was still wary of the others, who understood that and kept their distance.

Now it was 10 in the evening and Nyx was relaxing in her room with Abraxas, while Tom claimed he had something important to do.

Abraxas did his best to get her to laugh, so he did something she always loves to do.
Getting ready for no reason.

Nyx was putting on her lipstick as her eyes widened at the person behind her.
A laugh and long awaited laugh left her lips as she saw Abraxas in one of her red dresses, posing like a model.
Her eyes were crinkled and her dimple on the left side, appeared.

"Merlin Rax.", she laughed between the words and shook her head at her silly best friend.

Abraxas laughed with her, his heart warming at the fact that Nyx laughed again and that he got her at least a bit happy.
She was his little sister after all, he needed to make her happy all the time.
But that wasn't enough for him and he wanted to keep her happy and distracted for a while, so he asked a question, she wouldn't say no to.

"Now Nyx, ready to make me pretty with your make up?", he asked and smiled happily at her brightening face.

MEANWHILE TOM WAS IN THE room of requirements and waited for his friends to arrive with some special guests.
He ordered them to find out who hurt his Nyx and they did.
Merlin knows how much he desires to kill them all.
It was burning deep inside of him and he was more than happy to unleash this fire in him. No one hurts Nyx and gets away with it.The big doors bursted open and in came Rodrick, Nicholas and Damien with four boys in tow.

''He was the one.'', Rodrick exclaimed and threw the Ravenclaw to the ground, not before kicking him once, earning a painful groan.

Tom stood up, looking at the boys kneeling one the ground, his eyes lingering on the one who did. A humorless chuckle escaped him as he examined him carefully. The world is such a cruel place, he thought. How could someone hurt his Nyx?

"Let the games begin.", Tom smirked cruelly and the screams echoed through the room.

ABRAXAS LOOKED AT NYX WITH a small smile as she slept on her bed with an peaceful expression on her face.
He was happy that she was mentally in a better state than a week ago.

Carefully he stood up and closed the door behind him as he made his way to the common room.
It was already late, but four figures were sitting on the sofas, talking quietly.

"So what did you do?", Abraxas asked as he threw himself on one of the free arm chairs.

Tom looked into the green flames as he answered,"They are all dead."

The Malfoy's eyebrows shot up as he looked at his friend, who showed no remorse at all.
He cleared his throat and questioned,"Is this an all time thing now? Killing people?"

He met the grey eyes of the Riddle boy and replied,"Only for Nyx. If someone even thinks to hurt her, I am going to bloody kill them in a heartbeat."

It was silent as everyone sat comfortably, before Rodrick cut in,"I promise."
This earned confused looks as he added,"I promis—no I swear I do everything to keep her safe and that I would kill for her."

This surprised Tom, but a small smile was formed on his face as all his friends repeated it.
They were always going to protect her.
She was their family.