My Musical Escape-Kyle's POV

Today was the day! Jordan was meeting us at the café in an hour, and the band was coming together! I couldn't wait for the band to begin playing. The keyboard was my favorite instrument ever, and Bryan's skills were enough to make an 80 year old grandma love rock. Our singers were fantastic, and I love everyone in the band. This. Is. My. Love.
Music.
It will always be my savior, my first love, first counsler, first friend.
Now I can share it with my dearest princess, Johnnie.
There was nothing to bring me away from the rush of the notes and the eyes of my beloved. Nothing ever will stop me.
I began practicing alone in the café corner, and a girl came over and began singing her own lyrics. "Oh, the skys that trap me here are only mirrors, but I can barely see past my tears... You left me for dead, along with the voices in my head. " She lowered her head and a single tear slipped past her eyelashes.
"That is beautiful, um, what's your name?" I cautiously asked.
"Lizzie. My name's Lizzie." Her hair fell across her forehead and she moved it to the side. The cuts in her wrist gleamed faintly in the afternoon sun.
"Darling why?" I glanced towards her wrist. She flushed and began to walk away, running into Johnnie. He saw her teary eyes, then pulled her into a warm embrace.
Now crying in earnest, Lizzie sat down next to the keyboard, and Johnnie and I comforted her. Jordan came up to our sad little trio then sat down and joined us. He looked at us with sad curiosity in his expression.

"Did I hear you singing, beautiful?" Jordan asked Lizzie. "It was gorgeous!"

"You thought so?" Lizzie looked at Jordan with adoring eyes. "I love your music so much! That means so much to me." 

"I'm glad. Do you know why the four of us are here?" Jordan asked as Bran walked up. The now calm Lizzie answered "N-no. I don't. Why?"

"Well, darling, we are actually starting a band." Jordan smiled. "We could use a girl in our group, and with your voice, we could rock the world."

I rolled my eyes. Jordan was such a flirt, and I was annoyed that he hadn't even asked us if it was okay to invite her. I was happy, too, because Lizzie's voice was angelic. 

As I was zoning out and thinking, I subconciously noticed Lizzie saying, "Really? I would love to be part of your band!" 

"Wait, don't you have college or someone at home? You're about 21, right?" Johnnie asked. 

"No. I live alone and work at a club as a waitress for a living. It's terrible." She frowned at the floor then said "I am an orphan. My parents died in 2001, when I was 7. It was a fire, and my brother set it intentionally. He was 13, and wanted to kill me, because I was my parents' favorite, and I stole everything he loved. That's what he told me, at least. The fire spread too quickly though, and he died along side my parents. I was the only survivor, and I have PTSD, depression, and a gigantic scar running along my back from a piece of falling timber of the fire." She looled at each of us in turn and said "You all have saved my life more times than I can count, but I'm not invincible." She gestered to the scars on her forearm. 

All of us looked at this girl, who had suffered so much, this warrior with the broken shield, and knew that she had been destined to become on of us. "Lizzie." Bryan said. "Know that if you ever feel this way when you're with us, you can talk to anyone. We know your pain. " 

I looked at Johnnie, then my watch alarm went off. "Shit!" I said. "Johnnie, we've got to go. The session with Ms. Shwarts starts in 15 minutes." He sighed heavily then followed me out of the building. I looked back at Lizzie and knew. She was going to be a fantastic member of the band.

Our band.

°°°°Aww, it's sad. Sorry the update is late, I thought I uploaded and saved it, but NOOO. My computer hates me.  Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU all so very much for 686 reads!! I love you all, my pearls. Too bad my story wasn't read on fanfiction week. Oh well! There's always next time. Comment if you want to see another Youtuber or someone else pop up in the story. Leave your name (First or First and Last. I don't care.) if you want to be in the story. See you soon!