Xyrophobic-Johnnie's POV

When I woke up the next morning, Kyle and I were cuddling on his bed, still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. Kyle's arm was wrapped around mine, and I couldn't move without waking him up.  I gently nudged him with my elbow to get him to move.

"What? Is it morning already?" He moaned. "I was sleeping. I don't want to mooove." I threw a pillow at him and he clumsily defended himself with a lazy slap at the fuzzy missile.

"Hey, Johnnie, Jordan's on the phone. Come down here, he has something to ask you." Bryan called from the stairs. I walked out of the room rubbing my eyes then took the phone from Bryan's outstretched arm.

"Yo, Jordan, what's up?" I asked. "Not too much. I was wondering of you might wanna, oh, I don't know, play a gig at the local club tonight?" His voice was filled with excitement, and it took me a minute to understand hat he was saying. "Wait, a real gig? Don't fool with me." I was skeptical, cause who had heard of us? Only we band members knew, and maybe a couple of Lizzie's friends.

"Tell Bryan and Kyle to leave at 5 p.m. with you, so that we can be all set up by 6 p.m." I told him I would do that, then he hung up and went to practice and eat. I went to go get breakfast, because something smelled really good!

I walked back upstairs to get Kyle, but ran into him on the stairs instead. "Guess what, Kyle? We got a gig tonight!" He looked at me in disbelief then hugged me with rib-crushing death grip.

"That's awesome, Johnnie!" He smiled, and I did as well.

———-

In the club, 8 hours later, we were all standing on a black shining stage, looking at each other and the audience with nervous silence. "Guys, we are amazing. If anyone can play a gig after 4 practices, it's us!" said Bryan. I smiled at him then began tuning my guitar. For this set I had bass, my favorite.

"And now announcing, the band, Xyrophobic!" The announcer called. My breath began to come in quick, short bursts, but then Kyle put a steady hand on my back and smiled at me. I calmed down, and began playing our first song. It began with a sweet bass solo, and I totally forgot the audience as the music took control of me. When Bryan and Kyle joined me, I almost jumped, because I was so into the music. Jordan and Lizzie joined next, with a heart-wrenching duet that I had written. It was called Insanity, and the lyrics went a little something like this...

"I'm chasing down my demons, to fight for what was mine: my mind that I've lost, and my heat of frost, but I'm running out of time! I'm falling, falling off the edge, madness beckons me. I feel death's cold, though I'm not that old, so its something new to believe, that I have a chance, to make things right, before my final sleep, before I'm death's to keep! In this eternal night, I'll fight for what is right, but now, I'll despair! Despair! I've noticed you don't care...I've lost my puny war. My defeat will be lore. Now my mind's, long gone but my heart's a song, to scream what we all live for."

Lizzie and Jordan sang together in perfect harmony, with the high and low notes combining in a beautiful chorus. When they finished the last verse, Kyle and I wove in and out of each others sound, finishing on a melancholy last pitch. The crowd stood there, shocked, then began to cheer, demanding more music. Bryan and I smiled at each other, then began the next song.

17 songs later (some original, some covers, some repeats) we finally finished. The manager of the club gave us each five hundred dollars, and asked for us to come back soon. We promised that we would.

"Dawg! That was amazing! I can't believe we finally did it." Kyle said. He started skipping to the car, and when he passed by me on my right side, he grabbed my arm and dragged me along. I laughed, and skipped along with him.

When we got home, we ate a quick little snack. After our snack, Kyle and I snuggled together, then fell asleep.

We woke up to the sound of Bryan yelling at the phone, "What do you mean she's missing?!"

When we calmed Bryan down enough to speak, we got him to tell us what had happened. "Lizzie's, Lizzie's been kidnapped!" I gasped. "Who did it?" I asked.

"I...I don't know. The police are trying to find that out now. Jordan was the one who had called us. He told us that Lizzie'd gone home alone last night, and when he'd gone over to her house in the morning, she was missing. He called her phone, but it went to voice mail. We were all really scared, and when my phone began to ring, we all jumped. "He-Hello?" I asked, nervous.

"Is this Johnnie Guilbert?" asked a slightly familiar voice. "Umm, yes. Who is this?"

"Ha, that's right. You don't know me. I am Lizzie's kidnapper." I gasped, and the voice laughed. "You want her back right?"

"Of course do! She's my friend, and my band mate." I was about ready to kill this mysterious person. "If you want her back, you're going to have to do something for me."

"Fine." I spat at him. "What do you want?"

"I want $100,000. By the 20th of April." I looked at Bryan and Kyle, who had been listening the whole time. They both looked frightened. "And if we don't?"

"Your little angel voice won't be singing anytime soon." I clutched my own throat, as if I was the one being threatened. "Let me talk to her. I need to make sure she's alright."

"Here you go. She's fine, for now." I waited for a minute then heard a timid voice say, "Johnnie? Is that you?"

"Yeah! Are you okay?" I asked anxiously. "As okay as I can be when I'm staring at a ghost."

"What?"

"My kidnapper? It's my dead brother."

The line went dead.

°°°°Ahhhhhh! Plot twist! Hope you liked it. I wanted to say, thanks so much for 1.4k reads! I'm so happy that I make you happy, cause that makes me happy. Oh my gosh, there's too much happy floating around here! Sorry my update was a bit slow, I got writers block for awhile. Well, vote if you liked it, and leave a comment for suggestions and name requests. I'll see you later, pearls!

P.S. Yes, the song lyrics are mine. No, it is not a song you can listen to. Yet. I'll make sure to tell you when it is! Bye! I love each and every one of you.