Chapter 1

•Kacey's POV•
"Your just another abandoned little girl who doesn't deserve her parents anyways," Mark said. Mark was my 13 year old foster brother and he has always hated me. I don't know why. Who could hate a 6 year old who has only been in this house for like 2 weeks?

I wiped away my tears and yelled back, "Well at least I'm not a rich little snob!" "Kacey!" A voice yelled. I turned around to see my foster mom Josie. Her face was red with anger. I turned around and saw Mark smirking.

"Kacey, tomorrow you will be going to an orphanage," Josie told me. "What? Why?" I asked. "For two weeks you have been hurting my poor baby's feelings!" Josie yelled as she ran over to comfort Mark.

I decide not to argue because if I did she would bring out the ruler and hurt me. "Why the orphanage?" I asked. "Your adoption agency said that if this didn't work out you would have to go to an orphanage! Now go to your room young lady or I will go get my ruler!" Josie yelled.

I stomped out of the room all the way up to my room. Otherwise known as the attic. I ran the rest of the way to my bed and cried. Why did my parents have to abandon me? Why? I was a good little girl I thought. I guess not. I cried myself to sleep without having dinner.
--------------------------------------------
•Jen's POV•
"That's a wrap!" The director yelled. I sighed with relief and went to grab my stuff. I was putting on my coat when Colin came up to me. "Hey Jen!" Colin said.

"Hey Colin. What's up?" I asked. Colin's face look nervous as he said, "Well, we have been working together for a while and have gotten to know each other so I was wondering...." I nodded for him to go on.

"Hey Colin. We need you over here real quick!" The director yelled. Colin's jaw clenched. He sighed in defeat and said, "You know what. It doesn't matter. I'll just talk to you later Jen." He then walked away and threw his hands up in the air.

I laughed a little by his reaction to having to leave. I wonder what he had to ask me? Oh well. Like he said, it wasn't important, right?

I sighed and walked out of the building. I heard someone behind me yell, "Jen!" I turned around to see Ginnifer. "Hey Ginny!" I exclaimed. I loved working with her. Even though she played my mom in Once Upon A Tine we were actually best friends.

"What did Colin say? He looked pretty mad when the directors called him over," Ginny said. "I don't know. He started off by saying how we had been working and getting to know each other and then he said he was wondering, but the directors stopped him before he could finish his sentence. He left saying it wasn't that important," I explained.

Ginny's whole face lit up. "What?" I asked. "Do you know what he was going to ask you?" Ginny asked. "No," I stated. Ginny's face dropped and she looked at me like I was stupid. "You know sometimes I wonder how stupid can you be," Ginny said. "What?" I asked.

"You need to figure out for yourself what he was going to say. And by the looks of it it's going to take you a while," Ginny said. I stared at her and she stared back. "Ginny! Come on! Let's go!" Josh yelled.

Josh ran up and grabbed Ginny's arm. "I got the baby in the car asleep and I don't think that's going to last long," Josh said. Ginny laughed and looked over at me, "Figure it out." She turned around quickly and walked to the car.

Josh turned to me and said, "I don't know what that was about but I frankly don't want to know. Stay safe." He squeezed my shoulder and ran to his car. He played my dad on Once Upon A Time and outside of the show he still acted like my dad.

I sighed and got into my car. I turned on the radio and listened to music as I drove home. "UPTOWN FUNK YOU UP! UPTOWN FUNK YOU UP! SAY WHAT?! UPTOWN FUNK YOU UP!" I sang as I pulled into the driveway of my house.

I turned off my car and went inside. I changed into something comfortable and made me some ramen. I looked around the house in silence. Why did it feel so empty?

I ate my ramen in silence and when I was finished, I went to my room. I sat on my bed and thought about Colin and what he was going to say. I also thought about how empty my house is. My eyes started to get heavy and soon closed as I feel into a deep dreamless sleep.