Chapter 3

•Kacey's POV•
It was now the day after I arrived at the orphanage, Sunside Orphanage. Things haven't been great. The only good thing was Lottie. She was now my best friend and she always stood up for me when the big kids would bully me.

I know I've only been here for a day but the big kids hate me. People like Mattie, Sophie, and Lindsey would poor food on me and bug me about how I have been in 10 foster homes.

No one knew the real reason why except for Lottie. I remember like it was yesterday. Oh wait, it was yesterday. I laughed to myself and Lottie looked over at me. "What's so funny?" Lottie asked. "I was remembering yesterday and I told myself I remember it just like yesterday. Then I realized it was yesterday," I explained still laughing.

Lottie laughed too. I smiled at her and thought back to yesterday and what happened after she showed me around.

*flashback starts*

I screamed as I felt a cold blobby substance touch my head. I lifted my hand and touched the substance. I brought my hand back down and looked at it. This substance was brown and cold. I licked it. Pudding. Someone had poured pudding on my head.

I turned around to see three girls laughing at me. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" Lottie yelled. She got up and looked the girls right in the eyes. "LINDSEY!" Lottie yelled looking at a blonde haired girl with blue eyes. "MATTIE!" Lottie yelled again now looking at a red haired girl with green eyes and freckles. "SOPHIE!" Lottie yelled again now looking at a black haired girl with blue eyes.

"Well, she deserved it," the girl, Lindsey said. "NO ONE DESERVES THAT! WHY WOULD YOU THINK I DID?" I yelled. "You are a pathetic little girl who can't keep a foster home. You've already gone through 10! Your so pathetic," Mattie told me. Lottie's face boiled with anger and I felt my cheeks going red.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!" I yelled at Mattie. "I have my ways," Mattie explained looking at her nails. "Why don't you just go back to the place where you came from? Oh yeah, you can't keep a home so you have no one to go to," Sophie said. I felt my eyes starting to fill with tears.

I ran out of the room and into my room. I cried until I heard someone walk into the room. "Go away!" I yelled. "Don't worry, it's me," a voice said. I looked up to see Lottie. I got up and hugged her. She hugged me back.

"Is what Mattie said true? Have you really been to 10 foster homes?" Lottie asked. I sighed and nodded my head. "My first foster home wasn't that bad, but the lady who was taking care of me died in a car accident. The man became abusive to me and later just gave me up. My second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth houses were all abusive too. I would work all day and be beaten at night. My seventh, eighth, and ninth homes was basically them working me to death and then me running away. My tenth one, which was the one I was just at, basically had a kid who called me names and was mean to me. When I started standing up for myself the mom decided to take me here for "hurting her poor baby's feelings," I told Lottie.

I looked over and she had tears in her eyes. She hugged me and whispered, "Don't worry. I won't let that happen again." I smiled at how nice she was being. She is like my sister/best friend now. I realized then that I could never loose her.

"What ever happened to Mattie, Lindsey, and Sophie?" I asked. Lottie wiped away her tears and started laughing. "I may or may not have punched them all in the faces," Lottie said. I laughed hard at what she said. Even when I was sad Lottie seemed to brighten up my day.

Lottie grabbed my hand and said, "Now let's go clean you up." I smiled and ran out of the room with her. "Lottie you are now my best friend," I said. "And you are mine," Lottie replied.

*end of flashback*

I looked over at Lottie who was reading a book and smiled. I really have the bestest friend in the whole wide world.
--------------------------------------------
•Jen's POV•
I was looking on the computer for local orphanages in my area. Only one popped up. "SUNSIDE ORPHANAGE" the website read. I smiled and wrote down the address.

I put my computer away and got ready for bed. I sat in my bed staring at the address. When I had told the whole cast of Once Upon A Time today about me adopting a child they were all really happy. Especially Jared.

He said it was boring being the only kid on set. Ginny had looked at him angrily because she had a kid. He laughs and had explained to us how he couldn't interact with the baby but with a kid from the orphanage he could.

I smiled at the thought of having another kid on set. That kid would be my kid. I smiled at the thought of that kid being my kid. I wondered what kid I would end up choosing. Maybe a girl. Or a boy. I don't know I can't make up my mind.

I thought about if the kid would call me mom or not. Or if they would accept me as their new parent. I really hope this works out. I've always wanted company. I knew I would never have time for a pet so I had never gotten one. Maybe the kid will want one. If they did I would let them.

I think I'm going to end up being that mother that spoils her kid to death. The only reason why I will is because they must have had a hard life to end up in an orphanage. I got lost in my thoughts and soon fell asleep. Tomorrow I will be adopting a kid.