Chapter 21

•Kacey's POV•
It's been a year since I was let out of the hospital. I'm now 18 and I'm ok. Lucy is ok. She recovered fast. Jake is almost two. Lucas barely leaves my side when I am with him. Mom and Dad well let's just say they've been busy. By busy I mean I have another little brother who is named Max. For Lottie and me well I don't know.

I feel like she had never really accepted that I forgive her. Every time I tried to hang out with her she was always sad. That was until yesterday, I talked to her and she told me how she thought it was her fault that George kidnapped me and all that stuff. I told her it wasn't and after a long night of talking we are now back to normal.

She is now dating a really nice guy, who isn't trying to kill me, named Jack. I was snapped out of my thoughts as my doorbell rang. I was going on a date with Lucas tonight. I fixed my hair and looked at myself in the mirror. This was me, I wasn't that girl who I saw in the mirror when I was kidnapped by George. I was the girl who I have always been. I was me.

Well, anyways. I was wearing a mint green dress, black flats, and my hair was up in a bun. I also had a change of clothes for after because Lucas and I were going to go walk on the beach. I walked out of my room and opened my door. I saw Lucas standing there in a black tux with a bunch of roses in his hands.

I blushed and grabbed them. I thanked him and went back inside to put them in a glass of water. I walked back to the door and left with Lucas. We were going to a fancy restaurant today and I was so excited! The whole way there we talked about random things.

When we got there Lucas ran to the other side of the car and opened the door. "What a gentleman," I joked. "I try. But, you forgot to add really handsome," Lucas said. I laughed and walked inside with Lucas and we got a table close to a window which had a perfect view of the city.

We are our food and talked for what seemed like hours. When we were done we changed into our other change of clothes and went to the beach. We walked hand in hand and watched the sunset. The sun changed the sky to a beautiful pinkish red. I smiled and noticed Lucas staring at me.

"What?" I asked. He looked nervous as he stopped walking. I stopped as well. He got down on one knee and my hand flew over my mouth. I felt tears in my eyes as he took a tiny black box out of his pocket.

He looked up at me and said, "Kacey Hope Morrison. I have loved you since I met you. When I decided to sit next to you at lunch that day it was the best decision I had ever made. Sure, we've been through a lot. You've been kidnapped and we have both had a crazy man going after us because we were in the way, but somehow we have always stayed together. I now have the girl of my dreams as my girlfriend but I don't want you to just be my girlfriend. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be able to call you mine. To wake up and see your beautiful face each and every day. I love you so much. I don't want to be able to call you my girlfriend, I want to be able to call you my wife."

"Kacey Hope Morrison, will you marry me?"