Chapter 16

•Kacey's POV•
George. He was in here. Why did he have to be in here? "You know you look a little less ugly while you are unconscious. I know that you probably can't hear me right now but I think you should know that that car that hit you was all because me. I didn't do it on accident. I did it on purpose. You still have my best friend and until I get him back you are just going to get more hurt. Maybe even the people around you," George sneered.

"George?" A voice asked. It was Lottie. "Oh hey baby. I was just here to check on Kacey," George said. "Oh cut the crap I heard every word that you said. I should've believed Kacey and now I've probably lost her because of you. You know what? We're through!" Lottie yelled. George turned back to my unconscious body.

I saw him lean down and whisper, "I'm coming back and I'm coming back to get you and your family. Watch your back."

I saw him storm out of the room and Lottie turned to my body and sat down. "Kacey, if you can hear me, I want you to know I made a mistake. I let my crush on George blind me from one of the best things that could ever happen in my life. You," she said.

She sighed and said, "I don't know if you will ever forgive me. I wasn't there when you needed me most and now look at you. You don't know how thankful I was for you when you came to the orphanage. You helped me get adopted, I can't loose you. I'm so sorry."

She started to cry and ran out of the room. I tried to wake up so I could run after her but I couldn't. I sat next to my body and said, "Why can't you just wake up already?!" I wept softly into my hands when I heard someone walk in. I turned and saw Lucas.

I wiped away my tears and smiled. "Kacey, please wake up!" He yelled as he sat next to me. "Your family needs you, Lottie needs you, I need you," he whispered. He turned to my body and said, "I love you with all of my heart. I can't imagine what would have happened to me if I had never met you. I probably would've ended up like George. I love you to the ends of the earth and will love you until the end of my days. Please just wake up."

I knew it was time I had to wake up. I tried and tried but nothing happened. I saw Lucas lean down and kiss my lips softly. Then everything went black.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw Lucas staring at me with a smile on his face. "Lucas," I whispered. "Kacey," he smiled as he gave me a hug. He called for my family and they all came rushing in except for my mom. "Where's mom?" I asked dad.

He looked at me and smiled, "Be ready. Cause by tomorrow you will have a new baby brother."