Chapter 17

*a few months later*

•Kacey's POV•
It's been 3 months since I got out of the hospital. It's also been three months since my new brother Jake was born. I love Jake, but I don't think Lucy does. One day she put stamps all over Jake and tried to mail him.

Luckily, the mailman noticed Jake and brought him back to our house. You don't know how much trouble Lucy got it. But, I knew our parents thought it was funny because they couldn't help but break into a small smile when the mailman returned Jake with stamps all over him.

Lucas and I are great. We have been on several dates and each time I can't help but think how lucky I am to have him. Lottie is my best friend. I could never stay mad at her and watching her in the hospital, crying over me, made it even easier to forgive her.

George was transferred to a new school, ironic right? I'm happy though because I can actually go to school happy. Also, I turned 17 a month ago and for my birthday I got a brand new car! I love it. Almost every Saturday I go do something with Lucy. It's our tradition now.

Today was Saturday and we were going to go to the water park with Lucas. "Lucy! Come on we have to go pick up Lucas if you want to go to the water park!" I yelled. "Coming!" she yelled. She ran up to me and we said goodbye to our parents.

We got in the car and I drove to Lucas's house. Lucas got in the car and said, "Hey baby. Hi Lucy." I kissed him and said, "Hi baby." "Hi Lucas!" Lucy yelled. Lucas laughed and I drove to the water park.

When we got there we paid for our entrance and went inside. I found three chairs that were right under the shade and put our stuff there. "Lucy, come here and let me put some sunscreen on you," I said. She hesitated at first but then reluctantly walked over. I put sunscreen on her and then Lucas whined, "I can't reach my back will you put sunscreen on it?"

I laughed and told him, "Fine, come over here you big baby." He smirked and came over. I put the sunscreen on his back and put some on myself. "Let's go!" Lucy yelled as we finished putting sunscreen on. I laughed at her humor and followed her around.

We played in the water until it was lunch time. I put some shorts and a t-shirt on over my bathing suit and went to get some food. They had this stand selling hot dogs so we each got a hot dog, some chips, and a soda. When we were done we were about to go play some more when I said, "I'll be right back I have to go to the bathroom."

They nodded their heads and went into the water. I went to the bathroom and as I came out I felt a big cold hand cover my eyes and mouth. "Scream and your family gets it," a voice hissed in my ears.

I nodded my head slightly, I wouldn't let them hurt my family. The person put me in a van and I sat in the back with a blindfold over my head. I have to tell Lucas somehow. I realized my phone was in my pocket so I moved around trying to reach my emergency contacts and press Lucas's. "Hello?" I heard Lucas's voice.

"What was that!" The man yelled. "I asked why are you kidnapping me?" I asked. "Bosses orders," the man stated. "Who's your boss?" I asked. "You know him, but I'm not allowed to say exactly who it isn't," he said.

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked. "Let's just say that we have some things in store for you," the man said. I had to tell Lucas to help me. I grabbed my phone which was still on and put it up to my mouth and screamed, "Lucas help me!" I heard the man in the front turn around. "You little -" he started as he grabbed my phone.

I could tell he pressed end and then I heard him throw my phone back to me. I picked it up and realized it was broken. He had cracked my phone so badly that it wouldn't work. I hope Lucas got my message.

I heard the van come to a stop and the doors opened. I looked up to see the man and I finally looked at his facial features. He was bald and had blue grey eyes. He seemed middle aged and he had a cold expression.

He grabbed my arms and brought me inside to this building. He turned me around and put a gag in my mouth. The next thing I knew I was out cold.