New Year's Eve

Louis' been drunk. He's been literally waisted until he couldn't get up from the ground. And further to where he was puking in the toilet in the bathroom of one of his classmates that he doesn't even know that well, all alone, like he's been the whole evening.

He doesn't think he's missed midnight, he would've heard the countdown.

He's sat on the counter in the kitchen now, alone once again in the dark room, as his legs swing a little. He has to refocus on his hands not to let the water bottle slip from between his clammy fingers.

It's not because he's drunk. He's eaten many snacks about an hour ago and has been drinking water for two hours now.

He's sober. Way too sober once again.

But he couldn't bring himself to stay drunk. He's already single and alone on New Year's eve, without his girlfriend of four years, since they broke up a week ago, and without any friends since he fucked up. He fucked up everything.

He just doesn't want to be alone.

His head is hanging low as his eyes water. He can't even believe himself. He should've drank more alcohol and just made himself disappear from the world.

But no, he chose to sober up and let himself sulk all alone on the kitchen counter.

He does notice when someone walks in the dark room, but he doesn't react. He doesn't even flinch.

The figure stops when they notice Louis sitting on the counter. He notices it's a tall person and they have half long curly hair, just until below their ears.

It's a boy and he seems very well built, broad chest, strong biceps, sharp cheekbones...

This boy is gorgeous.

"Hey, um... are you, uh, are you okay?"

Louis only then notices how close the guy has gotten and tilts his head a little up to look at the boy's gorgeous face, acknowledging him.

He lets out an unamused chuckle, already shaking his head, "No, not really, you?"

He doesn't even question why the boy is speaking to him, and not out there with a nice partner to kiss at midnight, or at least with friends getting waisted or just enjoying New Years eve, why he's not doing everything Louis would want to be doing, even though he knows it's his own fault he can't.

"Oh, I'm sorry... And yeah... me neither, I guess. I kinda fucked up." The tall guy leans his bum against the counter opposite Louis, frowning towards his fumbling fingers before looking up at Louis.

"Yeah... me too."

"Guess we both know it's our own fault we're here now, then, innit?" Louis smirks lightly at the boy's accent, it's a low mumbling, so slow some people would get annoyed, but Louis finds it quite a satisfying sound.

"Yeah," Louis shrugs and they both look up when they hear cheering in another room. Someone probably took a few shots or something.

"Y'alright?"

"You already asked m-"

"Yes but, you were a stranger then, and like..."

"And now you're not?"

"I'm Harry."

"Louis."

They both smile a bit at each other. Louis blushes as he looks down, this boy has some sort of twinkle in his green eyes and it's... special.

"So... are you?"

"What?"

"Alright. Are you alright?"