I'm home

Today's the day.

Today is the day Louis' best friend is coming home.

Harry and him can't live without each other, really. They've been obligated to though, when Harry had to leave on a mission for two years. Louis was mad at first, when the boy he spent every single day with, signed up for the army.

It was his dream, though, so Louis couldn't get it over his heart to stay mad. He learned to accept the fact that sometimes Harry had to leave for a few days, sometimes weeks, for dangerous missions. Sure, they weren't that dangerous and the chance that Harry survived was always really high, but there was always a risk and that scared Louis.

It wasn't until Harry told him he'd been called up for a bigger mission that it dawned on him. Harry had to leave for two years. That's a long time, and apparently the mission was more dangerous than usual too. Louis about freaked out, but he couldn't stop the boy from going to save the world if he wanted too.

So after trying to accept it for weeks and spending every single minute together, they had to say goodbye. They both cried, it was quite ugly.

He has been so, so, so scared to get the message Harry had left this life. It was the only thing he could really think about these days, but luckily the two boys called every day, if Harry had the time, and wrote in the meanwhile.

Two years has it been, since he last saw the boy. Two years since he's felt his smooth skin under his fingertips whenever they hugged.

His nerves are killing him as he's standing with a few other people on the secluded airport. To Louis' surprise, Harry's bosses and generals have always been very friendly to the family of their soldiers, and from the beginning, Harry's been very clear to call Louis family. (Louis blushed deeply the first time he said that.)

Louis has never had problems with being allowed on the army's airport when Harry had to leave or come back home. Especially now, Louis could cry from happiness that he's going to see Harry the second he sets foot in England again.

Louis is certain he has a literal heart attack, when after waiting an hour and a half on a delayed airplane, he finally sees a dot in the sky, turning into a line, and twenty minutes later seeming to be an air plane heading his way.

A smile creeps on his face as the engines can be heard and the plane is lowering fast.

After it descends, most of the people waiting clap as a habit.

Everyone waits, but Louis can't stay still when the doors open and soldiers start to walk out of the airplane.

He runs. He runs as fast as his legs can take him, not giving a care in the world as the other soldiers chuckle at his eagerness, probably thinking he's here to pick up a husband, wife or partner in marriage.

~
{ If anyone genderfluid or non-binary prefers another reference to a 'partner in marriage' who's not comfortable with being called a husband or wife, could you let me know please? I'm eager to learn and make all of us/you comfortable in our world <3 }

Well, Louis' allowed to be this eager to see his best friend. It's been two years after all. Sure.

The plane landed further away than he estimated, he notices as his legs start to hurt and his breath comes short. He keeps running though, and when Harry appears from between the other people, he doesn't feel his burning muscles anymore, he just runs.

He can't stop laughing as he reaches the boy -man, really, you should see his muscles now that he's in the army. His face was always beautiful, but his body now is so gorgeous- and Harry laughs too.

Louis only notices how emotional he's getting when he runs straight into Harry's chest and mumbles with a broken voice, "No, no, I wanted to jump into your arms, like those cheesy movies, oh my god I'm so glad you're back! I didn't jump into your-"

Harry interrupted him by placing his hands on the back of Louis' thighs, pulling him up and letting his short legs lock around his middle as Louis buries his face in Harry's neck as he cries.

"I missed you so much!" he sobs and Harry's cheeks are wet too as he laughs and swirls Louis around, making the smaller boy giggle.

The moment he pulls his face back and looks into harry's eyes, something lures him, his body trying to do something to him. He means to say again and again how much he's missed his best friend, to hug him hours and hours and tell him everything that happened the past two years.

He meant to thank him for being alive and coming home and swirling him around and he really meant to talk to Harry, but he doesn't.

Instead, he kisses him.

His mind can't comprehend what's happening until Harry suddenly pulls back, Louis still in his arms but head held back to look Louis in the eyes.

Harry's green ones are purely confused, and Louis' heart sinks as he sees the panic on his best friend's face. He really can't take this. Harry didn't want him to kiss him at all, and now he's freaking out. He looked out to this moment for two fucking years, and now he ruined everything.

"Oh my god." he mumbles as tears spring to his eyes. He shuffles until he's out of Harry's grip, feet back on the ground as he scrambles back, hands in front of his mouth as his tears wet his cheeks even more than before.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I knew you wouldn't- fuck. Sorry." He holds back a sob as he turns around and starts walking. This is his absolute nightmare. He'd spent weeks trying to push back his feelings when Harry was still around, and he actually thought it had worked while he was gone. But now that he's back, he apparently wasn't able to contain himself as he just so necessarily had to kiss Harry.

He ruined everything.

That's what he thought, but then he hears Harry call out his name. He doesn't stop, though, thinking his best friend just wants to console him. His breath hitches, though, when his arm is being pulled back and Harry cups his cheek, other arm curling around Louis' waist as he pulls him closer.

"Don't be sorry." Harry mumbles as he looks into Louis' wet eyes, before slowly leaning in and softly kissing Louis' lips. His breath hitches again until he relaxes and kisses Harry back, soft, slow and short.

"Welcome home." Louis mumbles and Harry giggles.

"I really like you, Louis. No, fuck. Who am I kidding. I- I..."

Louis looks at him with wide eyes, not daring to interrupt as he's afraid he's wrong when he thinks he knows what Harry's trying to say. He really isn't, though.

"Fuck Lou. I'm so in love with you."

He kisses the boy again, more eager this time, lips melding smoothly and Harry teasingly bites his lip, now both his hands pulling Louis against him around his waist.

"I'm in love with you too. I love you." Louis mumbles breathily in between, before they kiss again. Louis can't keep his hands from going through Harry's surprisingly soft curls.

And they keep kissing when Harry licks Louis' lower lip, slipping his tongue inside when the smaller boy opens his mouth. The kiss is slow and turns deeper any second the two boys slide their tongues together.

It's just perfect and happy and sparkles, really. Firework. Louis' never been this happy and he notices Harry's smiling too as he feels their teeth touch, sending them both in a fit of giggles.

"Please take me home?" Louis asks as he beams up at Harry.

"I'm already home, Lou."

~~~

I'm home

sooo, that was another cute first kiss. Do y'all like these? I don't really know how fun it is to read cos i really just love writing these.

Again, if anyone can tell me if there's a better way to refer to a 'partner in marriage' for someone not comfortable with the label of 'husband' or 'wife', let me know!

Tell me if you want a story about this, and thanks for reading! Please vote to support <3

xxx