It's girls!

"Lou, at least try to stay calm. It could still be a couple of hours!"

His knee is wobbling violently now, fingers gripping Harry's tightly.

"I can't calm down, Harry! I just can't. It's impossible. My mom's in labour, Harry. What am I supposed to do? We've been waiting for-"

"Love, please. Your mom's alright. You know Mark would never let anything happen to her." Harry tells him gently. Louis' still gripping his fingers but he uses his other hand to stroke his arm, trying to calm him down.

"I'm just- I'm worried, Harry." Louis' voice breaks a little even as he's whispering. Harry can feel him trembling, so he just steps closer and embraces him. He rubs his back softly and murmurs in his ear,

"Everything will be fine, darling. We'll all be okay..."

Louis sighs deeply, and Harry can hear that he's close to tears when he whispers, "Thank you." He just holds him tighter, lightly smiling when he feels Louis' tiny hands grip his shirt at his lower back. He leaves a kiss on Louis' forehead and cups his cheeks in the proces. They look into each other's eyes as he taller one assures once more, "It's okay."

The staring kind of continues, and Louis looks up adorably, small smile forming on his lips before it disappears again. He's closing in a second later, gripping Harry's shirt at his chest and pulling him in. Louis swallows and wets his lips when-

"LOUIS?!"

They still, awkwardly close and considerably too close to back away. Harry's sure he felt Louis' upper lip touch his lower for a second when he moved to much, but hasn't any more time to think when the person interrupting shouts again.

"Louis, hurry!"

And shit, it's Mark. That can only mean one thing.

"Louis, the babies are coming. They're coming. Come on, son, your mother wants you there!"

"Oh my god." Louis breaths, tears in his eyes. He looks at Harry in panic, but the latter only smiles. "Go see them beautiful Tommo babies."

"Oh my god, okay. Okay, see you in a minute." He smiles widely too, now and receives one more kiss to his forehead before he's hurrying off.

It takes way too long. Harry can't wait this long. It's only been a few minutes, but it feels like hours. He can't hear anything and nobody has entered or left the room the Tomlinson's are gathered in, to celebrate the expansion of their lovely family.

So Harry waits, and waits, and waits some more. He's quite impatient. Although he surely respects them to have some time to theirselves first, he kind of wants to celebrate with them. He's known Louis for so long now, and- Well. He can't deny what almost happened right before the big moment. Not that he'll bring it up somewhere in the following hours, but he does kind of want to see Louis.

Most of all, he wants to see the babies, know their gender or actually, more importantly, their names. He wants to hold them, though he'll respect it if momma Jay doesn't let him immediately. He wants to hold a baby and cry because it's so cute and congratulate everyone, crying some more because it's not a baby of his own he's holding, though no one has to know. He's only twenty, for gods sake, but he can't help but to imagine.

One day. One day he sees himself sitting on a porch, a baby on his lap giggling as he feeds them. All the while watching Louis run around or even play football with their other kids. And he should curse himself for such thoughts, he has, actually, but lately he cares less. Lately, he has a feeling Louis sees the same far future. Maybe he does feel like he has a chance.

"Harry?"

It's called from a distance, or more like a door away. But Harry could recognise that voice anywhere. He looks up, relief filling his body as he no longer has to wait in the dark.

"Harry," Louis runs out of the room, eyes finding Harry's immediately. And he smiles, so bright Harry thinks his cheeks must hurt. It makes him smile too. "Harry, it's two girls! It's girls!"

Louis jumps in excitement and Harry can't stop laughing. Louis looks so beautiful, so happy. He's kind of paralysed when Louis takes hold of his upper arms. "Can't you hear me, Hazza? I have two baby sisters!"

And then he's holding Harry's face, still jumping happily, murmuring along about having baby sisters and kind of squishing Harry's cheeks. "It's girls, Hazza. Twin girls!" and then he kisses him.

It's a big smooch on the lips, simply, but Harry freezes completely. Louis doesn't even seem to notice the two second touch and keeps smiling happily, too enthralled in the moment.

Harry doesn't... know. He feels lots of things, confusion being one of the main feelings bubbling in his chest. He feels his throat close up when he tries to speak, and his chest when he tries to breath. It takes Louis another minute before he notices Harry's change in demeanour. But once he does, it seems to concern Louis a lot.

His smile disappears and he stops jumping. He glances at his hands on Harry's cheeks but doesn't let go, even holds his neck tighter, thumb tracing his jawline. Harry's hands have found Louis' waist on their own accord and without a moment to spare they're breathing in each other's space. It's the closeness again, building tension as they're both kind of scared to get interrupted again. But they know, for sure, they know they both want this.

So Harry let's out a little breath, letting the stress leave his body. He's even able to smile a little before he leans in and kisses Louis' lips softly.

He lets the one kiss linger for a few seconds before pulling back just enough to detach, Louis trying to follow him with his lips. Harry smiles and leans in again, going until he can feel Louis' open lips against his, but when Louis thinks he's there he pulls away. Louis frowns a little though his eyes are closed, Harry smiles more and does it again, teasing Louis as they hold each other close.

The second time Harry pulls away just in time, a little whine leaves Louis' throat. So Harry chuckles at the adorable boy and decides that was enough teasing. He leans in and this time he doesn't retreat when feeling Louis' soft lips on his. He doesn't pull back when Louis kisses him back gently but with a certain determination.

It's wonderful, is what it is, especially when a few minutes later, Mark catches them kissing with one of the babies in his arms. He only smiles and invites both of them over in Jay's room, knowing it was bound to happen at one point.

Harry does cry, when he finally gets to hold the two little girls. (Two at the same time! Now he'll pray to have twins!)

And Louis kisses him softly after Harry returned them to their mom, sitting on his lap and giggling when Jay points at them and makes a confused face, acting as if she was surprised.

They kiss some more and celebrate the two healthy babies and their parents. And they kiss some more.

And some more.

~~~

It's Girls!

New one-shots coming soon.

xxx