Apple Blue Sea Green

Inspired by the introduction of Tom Selleck as Richard Burke in: F•R•I•E•N•D•S
Season 2 ; Episode 15
The One Where Ross And Rachel... You Know

~~~

"Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yeah, that's me." his voice squeaks . He quickly swallows, multiple times, to make sure his voice is normal and deep the next time he speaks.

He pats his own bum, glad to feel his phone still in his back pocket when he enters the doctor's office, looking around for the tall lad that walked the three metres to his waiting room forth and back in lightning speed with his giraffe legs.

Louis likes long legs. He shouldn't be thinking that, should he? Focus now, Louis thinks. On what? No, not focus, better relax, nothing going on. Just relax.

"Hey, Louis. You can sit in the chair. I'll be with you in a minute." The doctor's voice calls out from behind the door, which Louis then closes before heading over to hop into the pointed chair. (Hop, because Louis' legs are short and the chair is bloody high.)

He looks around with one eye, his hand rubbing the other every ten seconds because of the ice that hit it. Louis doesn't want to explain, especially not to someone like Harry, but he knows he has to. He's nervous already as Harry takes an extra minute before standing up and clapping in his hands once.

"Alright, let's see those pretty eyes of yours." Harry's deep voice hums as he puts away some papers. Louis swallows when Harry approaches and presses a button, making the chair rise a little.

"Been so long since I've seen you, love. How'r things back home?" The tall lad asks as he fills in Louis' name on his computer quickly.

"Home? Oh, err, alright. Mum's been busy with the girls ever since I went into college, but luckily she has Mark to help her so... uh, she's good." Louis swallows again when Harry smiles. He's always had a crush on him, but back when Harry would babysit his sisters while he was studying for his high school exams it was different. Now, he doesn't now how to act on it, like, at all.

He's even prettier now though. The thought makes Louis blush.

"Ah, nice to hear. Loved those girls, and your mum's a doll. You should give them all a kiss from me."

Louis chuckles, trying to make it as little awkward as possible, "I'll do that when I see them this weekend."

Harry smiles bright (Louis blushes), and licks his lips as he takes a mini flashlight, clicking it on and putting a finger under Louis' chin to make him tilt his head up.

"Alright. You called because you got something in your eye, you said? What happened?"

"Yeah, uh, well. I tried to get something out of the freezer, and a piece of ice kinda... sprung, in my eye." Louis smiles lightly. And he blushes again, because now Harry's large hand is cupping his (entire!) cheek, a frown on his face as he looks into Louis' reddened left eye.

"Alright, I'm gonna shine with the light now, try to keep your eye open, okay? If it stings, tell me but hold on, I won't take long."

"Alright." Louis mumbles nervously, trying to hold his already stinging eye open. "It stings." He whines lightly, smiling as Harry chuckles. His heartbeat is going up as Harry leans closer.

"Your retina is a little abraded. It'll irritate for a while, but with some medication you'll be back on top in no time." Harry smiles at him again, clicking off the light and backing away.

"Oh, that was it?" Louis breaths awkwardly, sliding off the chair and shuffling on his feet as Harry puts his things away. He'd kinda hoped to be there longer. Or see Harry longer. Whatever. "Err, thank you."