intimate inmate

"Harry, please talk to me."

The boy only curls further away, facing the wall as Louis stares at his mob of hair. Louis' lying on his back on the bed next to Harry, has been for 20 minutes now, maybe.

The boy is crying, Louis can hear it, but he's tried to get him to talk to him or even just look at him for those past 20 minutes, but Harry won't budge. He was sobbing when Louis came in, which made him very concerned and he tried hugging him, but he only curled away. Now, only a soft sniffling can be heard but it still hurts Louis that he won't acknowledge him, even after all these hours of bonding.

"Harry, please." Louis whispers a last time, voice cracking. He really can't handle to hear him cry all this time and not talk to him. He wants to make him stop crying, to comfort him, he wants to make it better. He doesn't know why.

"Go away." Louis hears the softest of voices, croaking from Harry's throat, thick with dried tears. It breaks Louis' heart.

"Wha- Harry? Please just tell me what's wrong?" He places a hand on Harry's bare shoulder, tugging ever so gently until Harry allows himself to roll onto his back, wet, green eyes shining bright but sad.

Harry sighs as he eventually gives in and sits up, Louis does the same as they sit next to each other on the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong, babe."

Harry sighs again, sniffling one last time as he wipes a tear from his cheek quickly, as if he doesn't want Louis to see he's crying, though it's obviously way too late for that.

"I just- I..."

"It's okay." Louis whispers as he wipes another tear from Harry's cheek and then tucks a curl behind his ear, voice and touch soft to comfort the boy.

"I know, I trust you. Just..."

Louis feels his chest expand at the statement, but keeps quiet and strokes Harry's hair again to encourage him to go on.

"I can't imagine myself being here, for another twenty three years. And I'm scared because I don't know what else is gonna happen to me if it's not that."

"Baby, you know I believe you, right? I know you're not guilty and I'm gonna prove that. Just give me a little bit more time, hun. I'm gonna get you out of here."

Louis leaves Harry's hair alone, only to curl his arm around Harry's shoulders, pulling him a little closer and sighing happily when Harry's head rests on his shoulder.

"There's another thing."

"Yeah?" Louis breaths softly into Harry's hair.

"Yeah, uhm. I- uh. It's about, erm... you-"

"Breathe, baby." Louis chuckles lightly as Harry stammers, lightly pecking Harry's hair.

"Yeah, uhm," Harry chuckles with, still seeming nervous.

"Imighthaveacrushonyou." he suddenly blurts out, and Louis thinks he might've understood, but he wants to be sure. It's not something to joke around. It's not something he wants to joke around.

"What?"

Harry suddenly pulls his head up from his shoulder, still close and looking right into his eyes, fear mixed with hope.

"I just, I-" Harry stammers again, quietly, their faces so close Louis can feel Harry's breath on his lips. And from the look in his green eyes, Louis knows he heard it right. Maybe he doesn't need Harry to repeat it after all.

"I..." Harry keeps stammering but Louis just lets his lips curl up a bit, just to let Harry know it's okay, before slowly leaning in.

He feels Harry's breath hitch against his, and he almost can't cope with how cute Harry is, how absolutely adorable the boy is. And Louis knows for sure he can't have killed his sister, there's just no way. How could they even think that in court?