Christmas Eve

[smutty but sweet]

"Mum!"

"No, shh, Charlotte!"

"Mum, Louis' hurting me!!"

Anne giggles as she sees the siblings wrestle in the kitchen for the last cupcake, Louis pinning Lottie's arms behind her back with one hand, the other reaching for the treat.

"Jay, you're gonna have to interfere, I'm afraid." Anne shouts over her shoulder, knowing Jay isn't far behind. She keeps chuckling as she places her grocery bags on the kitchen table, in the middle of the busy atmosphere of seven children running around.

Louis' grip on Lottie's arms loosens almost immediately, but he still goes for the muffin while his gaze stays on the door, knowing that if Anne just arrived, another figure could walk in any minute. A head of wild curls bending down to get through the small bungalow door brings a smile onto his face.

"Hah, you're so gone for him." He hears Lottie whisper in his ear as she grabs the muffin from his hand, but he only hisses a "shut up" back before rushing over to pull Harry into a hug.

"Lou! Happy birthday!" Harry sighs happily as the smaller boy falls into his arms. The three chips bags he was holding fly carelessly on the counter as he hugs Louis back, nose sniffling the strawberry shampoo from Lottie he knows Louis uses.

"Thanks, Hazza."

"God, I missed you." Harry chuckles as they pull apart, smiling at each other. Their intense gaze is interrupted when Jay comes barging in, the largest smile on her face.

"Anne! You arrive and the first thing you do is not hugging me? How dare you!" She accuses playfully as she pulls the other woman in a tight hug, swinging a little before pulling apart and sighing happily.

The rest of the afternoon only keeps getting better. They bake more goods (Harry bakes, Louis stands aside to annoy him and the rest is drinking alcohol, coca cola or strawberry milk in the living room, laughing).

They play some games, all laughing and shouting obnoxiously loud and drinking way too much, even if it's coca cola.

When the sun starts to go down, they decide to go outside and make a snowman. For the boys, that works for about thirty minutes before they leave the girls to it and start a snow fight themselves in the corner of the garden, Louis glaring whenever Lottie gives him one of those meaningful looks.

It's another half hour later when the girls are all still playing, while Harry and Louis are drenched, shivering from the cold since they're dripping wet. That's when Jay suggests the two of them go inside and shower to warm up before going to bed.

Louis checks his hair in the mirror in his and Harry's shared room of their holiday bungalow after he showered, smiling to himself when he hears Harry humming a song he never heard before. Maybe he wrote it. Harry should write songs.

He checks his phone for notifications, placing a mental reminder in his head to reply to his friends' Christmas and birthday wishes later, as he turns around and lowly shuffles towards his bed. His breath hitches, though, when he feels warm breath against his neck and hears a deep voice he knows all too well, "Happy birthday, Lou."

He turns around quickly, only for his toes to bump into Harry's. His breath stays stuck in the hitch and his lungs stay still as he looks up into Harry's green eyes (which are also really close), the taller lad smiling playfully.

Louis wants to kiss him.

He doesn't, though, because he feels something poke in his tummy and sees it's a little gift, a red bow over the green wrapping paper with little snowmen.