Ch. 1 The Preface

It was a peaceful morning in Phoenix, Arizona, on Monday, January 17, 2005. A seventeen-year-old 5'5" female with shoulder-length wavy dark brown hair wearing a long-sleeved white-black striped baseball jersey shirt and black sweat pants is peacefully sleeping with their stomach on the bed and her face hidden behind her hair and pillow. 

The sleeping young female is Avery Campbell, and her life will change either for the best or worst.

The peaceful atmosphere soon changed when the door to the bedroom slammed opened, revealing a thirty-six-year-old 5'4" short-length wavy dark brown hair and bright blue eyes female named Renee Dwyer. 

" Bella! Honey! Wake up! You are going to be late for your flight!" Renee shouts at Avery, which wakes her up. 

" Ugh," Avery groaned in her sleep. She grabbed a pillow near her and held it close to her face. She didn't like that her roommate, Olivia, was waking her up.

" Five more minutes," Avery mumbled, sounding tired.

" Sorry, Bella! I cannot have you lose your flight! I promised Charlie that you would be at the airport on time. Now wake up! Phil finished making breakfast!" Renee shouts. 

Avery raised an eyebrow from underneath the pillow when she heard Renee call her 'Bella.'

" Why are you calling me, Bella?" Avery asked with a yawn. She turns, having her back lie against the bed. She slowly opens her eyes, revealing a chocolate brown color, and she blinks, staring at the ceiling above her.

" That's your name, silly," Renee tells Avery, sounding amused, thinking that the younger female is only tired. 

Avery's chocolate brown eyes blinked, looking and feeling confused by Renee's response. She sat up and froze when she saw a stranger instead of her roommate.

" Ahhh!" Avery screamed, looking and feeling startled to see Renee and not her roommate.

" Bella? What's wrong?" Renee called out, looking and feeling concerned.

Avery's hands tightly grasped the bedsheets. She stared at Renee with a conflicting gaze. She isn't sure what is going on since all she remembered was rereading one of her favorite books called 'Twilight' and then fell asleep after reading a couple of chapters of said novel.

" I swear, Isabella Marie Swan. I told you to sleep in early once you finished packing your belongings. What did you do after you finished packing? Watching a movie? Reading a book?" Renee teased while shaking her head amusingly.

Avery's chocolate brown eyes widened in surprise when she heard a familiar name.

' Did she-Did she called me Isabella Marie Swan? I know-I know only one person with that full name. Well. That person is a character from one of my favorite fantasy young adult novels,' Avery tells herself, looking and feeling scared and confused.

Avery focused her attention on Renee, and she lightly bit her lips.

" Um. Where's the bathroom?" Avery asked, looking and sounding nervous while carefully getting out of the bed.

Renee's bright blue eyes blink, looking and feeling confused by Avery's odd behavior.

" Across your room," Renee informed Avery while pointing to a door across the hall.

" AH! I um going to get ready," Avery akwardly laughs. She quickly runs past Renee to the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Renee stood there, hearing the bathroom door getting closed. She turns around and stares at the door with a fond gaze.