Ch. 4 I'm so glad you are finally here

Three hours later, the airplane safely arrived at its destination, SeaTac airport.

Paul felt the plane begin to jerk as it landed, causing him to wrap his right arm around Avery's shoulders so that she wouldn't hurt herself. His dark chocolate brown eyes blinked when he felt movement, and he turned his gaze, seeing the shorter female waking up from her slumber.

" Are we there yet?" Avery asked as a soft yawn escaped her lips, and she adorably rubbed her eyes.

Paul softly smiled at Avery, finding the shorter female adorable.

" Yeah. We finally arrived. The plane is finding a spot to park," Paul responded.

" Okay. I need to make a phone call," Avery mumbled. She grabs her cell phone from her mini backpack. She opens the contacts and sees that Bella only has Renee, Phil, and Charlie on the phone.

' I see. Bella is the type to keep to herself,' Avery tells herself when she sees that she has nobody except for close family in the contacts.

Paul immediately pulls his arm away when he sees Avery's attention drifted to her cell phone. His dark chocolate brown eyes blinked when he felt his cell phone vibrate. He grabs his cell phone from his jacket pocket, and he annoyingly rolls his eyes when he reads a text message from his father, August Lahote.

" Sorry, Paul. I cannot pick you up from the airport. I have been called into work early," Paul silently read the text message.

Paul twitched in annoyance.

" More like drinking your ass off and sleep. Fucking shit! Now, I need to take a cab to the reservation," Paul grumbled, looking and feeling annoyed.

" Hey, Dad! It's me, Bella. I wanted to let you know that I have safely arrived at the airport," Avery happily greets her fictional father, Charlie Swan.

" That's great, Bells! I also made it to the airport. I will be at the passenger pick-up area," Charlie responded.

" Okay! Dad! I will call you if I get lost," Avery tells Charlie, and they hang up.

" Might as well call Mom and tell her that I finally made it to Seattle," Avery whispers, and she begins to call Renee.

" Bella! Sweetheart! How was the flight?" Renee happily asked.

" It went well. I safely made it to Seattle. I am now waiting for the plane to park so that I can go find Dad," Avery responded.

" Okay, Sweetheart! Tell your father I said hi and thank you for letting you live with him since I figured he is a busy man and all," Renee murmured.

" Mom. I know it has been three years since I last went to Forks in the summer and spent time with Dad. But, I can tell he is ecstatic that I am going to be permanently living with him," Avery fondly smiled while imagining Charlie looking excited to see her come out of the airport.

Paul glanced at Avery, and he stayed quiet as he began to recall faint memories of the two of them hanging out in the summer at the Quileute tribe when they were younger.

' Bella probably forgot about me. But, I am still glad she still treats me like a decent person,' Paul happily tells himself.

" I love you, Sweetheart! Call or text me when you get home," Renee happily speaks while making some kissing sound.

" Love you too," Avery amusingly giggled, and the two hung up.

Paul's dark chocolate brown eyes blinked when he heard the flight attendant inform everyone that they could now leave the airplane and head to the baggage claim to retrieve their luggage or go straight to the exit.