Ch. 3 Cool! We are Airplane Buddies

An hour and thirty minutes later, the car finally arrived at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Avery gets out of the vehicle, and she grabs her mini backpack, putting it over her shoulder. Her chocolate brown eyes blinked when she heard her second name, and she turned around, seeing Renee running around the automobile to engulf her in a hug. Meanwhile, Phil went to get her luggage.

Avery's gaze softened when she felt Renee shaking while hiding her face against her shoulder. She gently pats her fictional mother's back.

" I am going to miss you, Bella," Renee mumbled while tightly hugging Avery.

" I am going to miss you too, Mom. But, you know, you can always call or text me," Avery's hands tightly grasped the back of Renee's shirt since she doesn't know when she will ever see her fictional mother again.

" Of course! Of course! And you can always call or text me if you ever feel lonely," Renee leans back, and she sadly stares at Avery while fondly smiling at her.

Avery nods her head in response.

" Have a safe flight to Seattle! Please. Please. Text me when you get there or at least when you are with your father," Renee gently brushed some of Avery's shoulder-length dark brown hair behind her back.

" I will," Avery reassures.

" I love you so much!" Renee gently placed her hands on Avery's face as she tip-toed and affectionately kissed her daughter's forehead and both her cheeks.

Tears welled up in Avery's chocolate brown eyes. She immediately closed them since she didn't want Renee to worry.

' I feel so weird. But, it is a good kind of weird. Is this what a mother's love and affection are like? If so, I love it so much!' Avery happily tells herself.

" I love you too," Avery whispered.

Footsteps walking towards Avery and Renee's direction grabbed their attention. The two females let go of each other as they turned and saw Phil standing near them with the luggage in his grasp.

" Here you go, Bella," Phil calls out while holding Avery's luggage to her.

" Thank you," Avery takes her luggage, and she hugs Phil with one arm.

" Please take good care of my mother. I can tell that she loves you so much," Avery whispered to Phil.

Phil's gaze softened, and he hugged Avery close to him.

" I will. I love your Mom with all of my heart. I promise you that I will take good care of her. Have a safe flight," Phil whispered, and he fondly kissed the top of Avery's head.

Avery smiled as she let go of Phil, and she waved goodbye to him and Renee.

" Bye, Sweetheart! Just know if you ever want to come back home. I am one phone call away!" Renee shouted. She waves goodbye while standing next to Phil as she watches Avery get inside the building.

" Okay!" Avery shouts in response while walking towards the building and stepping inside.

Avery securely held her stuff close to her, and she looked at her surroundings, trying to figure out where to go. She then stopped walking, pulling her mini backpack in front of her and opening it.

" There it is," Avery happily smiled, and she pulled out her ticket.

" Okay. The ticket here says I have to go to Alaskan airlines," Avery tells herself. She lifts her head and looks at her surroundings. " Ah! There it is," She sighed in relief when she saw the Alaskan airlines logo.

Avery grabs her luggage, and she begins to run towards the terminal, feeling afraid that she will miss her flight. She soon reached her destination, and she showed the flight attendants the ticket, and they let her go through.