Ch. 6 Guess who is finally here!

On their way to the Quileute tribe, Avery has decided to play some games with Paul to get to know him better since the last time she saw and interacted with him, they were fourteen.

" I know this question is very annoying because alot of people has probably asked you this, but what is your favorite color?" Avery asked, looking and sounding curious while staring at Paul in the eyes.

Paul's dark eyes intently stared at Avery's chocolate brown eyes.

" Chocolate brown," Paul confessed, and a blush soon appears on his prominent cheeks. " I mean. It has been a favorite color of mine since I was eight. Something about the color screams loyalty, respectful, strong, gentle, and loving to me," He mumbled. " I know. I know. It is a weird color to choose as your favorite," He akwardly laughs.

" No! No! It's not a weird color to choose as your favorite. I find it interesting that chocolate brown is your favorite color," Avery softly smiles, which sounded reassuring to Paul.

" My favorite color is, even more, weirder than yours," Avery amusingly laughs.

" Oh?" Paul raised an eyebrow, looking amused yet curious. " And what is your favorite color then?" He asked.

" Charcoal Black," Avery tells Paul, and she looks away to make herself comfortable in the seat. " It reminds me of the night sky. Even though it is black, it has some white to it," She closed her chocolate brown eyes.

Avery frowns when she begins to remember her previous life and how she would feel safe staring into the night sky after arguing with her douche bag of an ex-boyfriend.

" Something about Charcoal Black makes me feel safe," Avery confessed. " Like-Like no one is going to hurt me," She stuttered while breathing heavily, which Paul and Charlie noticed.

" Bells? Everything alright," Charlie asked, sounding concerned while glancing at her frequently.

Avery immediately tensed up, and she opened her chocolate brown eyes, realizing that she wasn't in her previous life but her new life as Bella Swan.

" I'm fine," Avery akwardly smiled, which caused Paul to stare at her in concern, but he didn't say anything since he didn't want to make her feel pressured.

" You sure?" Charlie asked, sounding concerned and worried.

" Yeah. I'm fine, Dad. I remembered that I forgot to tell Mom and Phil to be safe on their honeymoon trip to Hawaii. I-I don't want nothing horrible to happen to them," Avery turns her gaze to Charlie, and she stares at him with a reassuring expression.

Charlie softly smiled at Avery.

" You can call your Mom when we get to Billy's place," Charlie reassures.

" Okay," Avery softly smiled.

Paul hummed as he began to wonder what made Avery get so scared and nervous. He hopes once she gets comfortable around him, she can tell him what made her tick.

" Oh!" Avery blushes, looking and feeling embarrassed, as she turns her gaze to Paul, remembering that he was in the car with her and Charlie. " Sorry about that," She akwardly smiles.

" It's cool," Paul raised both his hands in reassurance.

" Sooooo. What's your favorite food?" Avery asked, looking and sounding curious.

" I love double chocolate chip cookies," Paul widely grinned.

" That's a dessert," Avery teases.

" It is also food," Paul remarked.

" So, your favorite food and dessert are double chocolate chip cookies. Good to know," Avery chuckled, and she looked away.

Paul opened his mouth to say something, but he stopped when he saw Welcome to La Push Reservation: Home of the Quileute Tribe in his peripheral vision.

' Ugh! I am so happy to be back, but I so do not want to see my old man's face,' Paul internally groans.

Paul looks down at his cell phone, and he turns it on, and he is surprised to see it is barely lunchtime.

' Urgh! Jared gets out of school at 2:55 PM! That means I have like two hours and fifty-five minutes to wait for his ass to get out of school so I can hang out with him to lose time away from seeing my old man's face,' Paul internally whined.

" Hey, son!" Charlie calls out, grabbing Paul's attention.

" Y-Yeah!" Paul yells out in response.

" Where do you live?" Charlie asked while looking at Paul from the rearview mirror.

Paul lightly bites his lips as he shyly glances at Avery, feeling afraid for her to see his drunk-ass old man.

Avery hummed when she saw Paul looking nervous through the passenger rearview mirror.

' Paul must have a tough relationship with his Dad if he looks nervous to tell Dad where he lives,' Avery tells herself.

" Hey!" Avery shouts, grabbing the two males' attention. " Paul! Want to hang out with Dad and me at Billy's place?" She kindly asked.

Paul's dark eyes widened in surprise.

" Are you sure Elder Billy Black would be cool with me there? He probably wants you and Chief Swan at his place since you know to welcome you back to the Quileute tribe," Paul mumbled, looking and sounding nervous.

Avery turns her gaze to Paul, and she kindly smiles.

" You are my guest of honor, Paul. I'm sure Billy wouldn't mind, right, Dad?" Avery reassures while glancing at Charlie.

" Yeah. Billy would be cool with you there. So, join us if you want. And besides, you must be starving," Charlie looks at Paul in the eyes through the rearview mirror.

Paul opened his mouth to say something, but he stopped when he heard his stomach growling at the mention of food.

" Okay!" Paul widely smiled, looking and feeling excited to spend time with Avery and get to know her again.

Many minutes later, the police cruiser arrives at its destination. A small wooden place with narrow windows, the dull red paint making it resemble a tiny barn. It is the home of the Quileute Tribe's Head Elder, forty-two-year-old Billy Black.

Billy was in the living room watching TV when he saw a familiar police cruiser driving up to the house

Billy was in the living room watching TV when he saw a familiar police cruiser driving up to the house. He widely smiled when he saw the vehicle park, and he saw three familiar figures getting out of the car.

" Hey, Jacob! Guess who is finally here!" Billy calls out as movement from one of the rooms gets heard in the background.