Ch. 7 Make yourself at home

A fifteen-year-old male with long straight black hair reaching to his waist and dark eyes named Jacob Black was chilling in his bedroom watching TV when he heard his father's voice in the background. A wide grin appears on his face when he hears that their guests have finally arrived.

" Bell is finally here!" Jacob exclaimed, looking and sounding excited as he got out of his bed and checked himself out in the mirror.

" I cannot believe Bell is finally going to live at Forks permanently!" Jacob grabs a brush, and he combs his long black hair. " The last time I saw her was in the summer of 2002, which was almost three years ago. I was only like, what, twelve, and she was like fourteen," He mumbled, looking and sounding nervous.

" I have been in love with Bell since I was like nine, and she was like eleven after she comforted me when she learned about what happened to Mom," Jacob frowned as he began to remember what happened to his mother that awful evening.

Jacob shook his head, trying to push the negative emotions away from him since he didn't want to make Avery worry.

A ringing sound grabs Jacob's attention, and he begins to panic when he realizes that Avery is outside his house. He puts his brush away, grabs a cologne, and he showers himself with it.

" Alright! Time to see Bell," Jacob widely smiles while trying his best not to get nervous and accidentally puke in front of Avery.

Jacob opens the door, and he walks out of his bedroom, hearing several voices coming from the living room. He gulps when he hears a burst of familiar melodious laughter, letting him know that Avery is in his house.

Jacob walks through the hallway to the living room, and he stops when he sees Avery hugging his father. He opened his mouth to say something, but he stopped when he saw another familiar figure standing behind his childhood crush and then greeted his father with a hug.

' What's Paul doing here? Didn't he say he was going to visit his relatives in Phoenix?' Jacob asked, looking and sounding confused while staring at Paul with a conflicted gaze.

Charlie noticed Jacob standing there, and he widely smiled, looking and feeling happy to see his best friend's son.

" Hey, Jacob!" Charlie happily greets Jacob, causing everyone to stare at him.

Jacob blushes, looking and feeling embarrassed, when he sees that all of the attention is now on him. He then nervously smile when he realizes that Avery is staring at him.

" Hey," Jacob akwardly waves.

" Hi," Avery shyly smiled.

Paul lets go of Billy, feeling happy to be reunited with his paternal relative. Even though his father and Billy are cousins, he sees Billy as a second father figure since the older male treats him nicely and gives him affection.

" How's your mother doing?" Billy softly asked.

" Mom is doing well. She met a guy. He seems nice. I think Mom has found the one who will take good care of her," Paul softly smiled.

" That's good," Billy gently pats Paul's hand that was on his shoulder, and he hummed when he noticed that the younger male's hand was getting very hot. " Also, I am surprised to see you with Charlie and Bella," He glanced at his childhood best friend and Avery.

Paul bashfully laughs.

" Uncle Billy! It was a coincidence, I swear," Paul held his hands up in surrender.

Billy amusingly chuckles.

" Bella and I were on the same flight from Phoenix to Seattle," Paul explains.