Ch. 9 Can I take a few days off?

Avery, Paul, and Jacob entered the house and walked toward the living room. Avery looked forward and smiled when she saw Charlie and Billy conversing with each other.

" Are you guys arguing about what we should eat for lunch?" Avery asked with a raised eyebrow.

Charlie and Billy turned their gaze to Avery, Paul, and Jacob.

" Right! Lunch! You must be starving, Bells. Do you guys want to get some Chinese takeout?" Charlie asked while looking at everyone.

" Chinese food sounds good." Jacob nodded.

" I am craving Orange Chicken." Paul nodded.

" Ooo! Orange Chicken sounds so yummy right now. Kung Pao Chicken also sounds good if you can tolerate your spice." Avery nodded while looking at everyone.

" I can tolerate my spice since, you know, I'm hot twenty-four-seven," Paul smirks while winking at Avery.

Avery amusingly shakes her head. " Hello. My Dad, who is a cop, is in this room, remember." A slightly red hue appeared on her pearl-white cheeks.

Charlie's chocolate brown eyes narrowed, looking at Paul from head to toe, causing the young teen to blush.

Jacob annoyingly rolled his dark eyes.

" Chinese food, it is then," Billy amusingly chuckled. " Charlie. Make the call." He urged, wanting to shift Charlie's attention away from Paul and Avery.

" Yeah. Yeah. I am keeping a close eye on you, Lahote." Charlie pulls out his cell phone and dials the Chinese Restaurant.

Paul awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, regretting flirting with Avery in front of Charlie.

Avery snickered, finding Paul's awkwardness adorable.

" Oh! Oh! Dad, can you get me a 2-entry plate?" Avery asked.

Charlie nodded. " What do you want?" He asked, hearing the employee asking him what he wanted to order.

" I want chow mein as my side. And my entries will be Orange Chicken and Kung Pao Chicken." Avery responded.

Charlie recited Avery's order to the employee.

" I'll get a 3-entry plate. Half-and-Half Chow Mein and White Rice. My entries will be Orange Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, and Honey Sesame Chicken." Paul spoke after Avery.

Charlie nodded and recited Paul's order to the employee. He glanced at Jacob and Billy.

" I'll get a bowl of Chow Mein and Orange Chicken." Jacob looks at Charlie.

" I'll get a bowl of White Rice and Mushroom Chicken," Billy spoke after Jacob.

Charlie nodded and recited Jacob and Billy's orders to the employee.

" And I'll get a 2-entree plate. Half-and-Half White Rice and Steamed Vegetables. My entries will be Spicy Chicken and Orange Chicken." Charlie speaks.

" Also, please send it to this address," Charlie tells the employee where Billy and Jacob live.

" Your order shall arrive in an hour." The employee responded.

" Thank you!" Charlie hangs up and turns to look at every one. " Lunch should be arriving in an hour from now." He informed. " For the meantime, you kids can do whatever you guys want. Billy and I will call you guys once the food arrives." He smiled.

" Want to watch a movie?" Avery asked while looking at Paul and Jacob.

" A movie sounds good." Paul nodded.