Twenty Three

Alyssa was still feeling torn about how Cal wanted her to give their relationship another go. She knew she wanted to. But she was worried that he was going to hurt her.

Alyssa woke that morning and sighed as she saw Ella sitting on the sofa with Cal. Poppy was asleep in her bouncer. Alyssa smiled. "Hey. You didn't wake me?" He asked.

Cal smiled as he looked at her. "You needed the rest. Besides me and these beauties were sitting and watching Peppa pig."

Alyssa sat down and sighed. She kissed Ella's head and looked at Cal. "Let's talk tonight when we've finished."

"Sure. Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah yeah. I just think we should talk."

***
Alyssa and Cal went into work after they had taken the girls to the daycare. Alyssa walked over to Bailee. She smiled. "I thought you were taking today off?" She asked.

Bailee nodded and smiled. "Yeah. I'm having that day off tomorrow. Thought I'd work today seeing as Iain isn't. And he's not talking to me. So I figured I'd work today. And when he's here tomorrow, I won't be "

Alyssa frowned. "Why is he not talking to you?" She asked.

"I don't know. I haven't don't anything wrong. I haven't even spoke to him. So imagine my surprise when I text him, he left me on read," she told her.

Alyssa smiled as she looked at her. "I'll talk to him. I promise."

"Don't worry about it. I'm not fussed and you shouldn't be either," she said as she looked at her.

***
Alyssa was sitting in the staffroom. She looked up as Iain walked in and looked at her. "Why are you ignoring Bailee?"

Iain sighed. "I don't want to talk about it. Is she here?" Iain asked.

"She's here. Only because she thought you weren't here."

Iain nodded. "Then I'll be in the ambulance bay."

Alyssa rolled her eyes and sighed as Cal walked in. He kissed her cheek and looked at Iain. "You okay pal?"

"Yeah. I'm fine mate. I'll see you in a bit."

***
Alyssa was working in Resus with Bailee. Bailee sighed. "Iain is here. I'm only here cause I thought he wouldn't be."

"I know. I told him that. He won't tell me what's happened. So I'll ask you. What's happened?" She asked.

Bailee looked at her. "I told him that if he wanted to be on her birth certificate, then he had to prove himself. He went off on one saying he shouldn't have to. But he's been so off with me since I got pregnant and I don't want that."

Alyssa nodded and smiled. "I know babes. It'll all work out. I promise it will."

***
Alyssa was sitting in the flat. The girls were in bed asleep. Cal walked in and looked at her. "Hey. You said you wanted to talk?" He asked as he looked at her.

Alyssa nodded. She took a deep breath and sighed. "I've been thinking. And I want to give us another go. But we have to make it work this time. I don't think I can handle you hurting me anymore."

Cal smiled and took her hand. He looked at her. "I promise. This will be different. Me, you and the girls, I promise, I will love you like I never have."

"Okay."

The two of them kissed. Alyssa looked to him and smiled. But could their relationship work a second time round?