ThirtyTwo

Alyssa knew how she was trying to make it work with Cal. She knew he was upset and hurting over the whole Iain asking her to leave situation. But she didn't want Iain. She wanted Cal.

Cal was the love of her life. They had two babies together. And Alyssa was doing all she could to make it work. She wanted to forget what had happened with Iain.

She knew that she had to have been in love with him at one point. But that was in the past. And she was moving on from the past. She needed to as it was going to eat her alive.

Cal had been upset about the whole Iain situation. But he didn't need to be. Alyssa had told him countless times that she was only in love with him.

She wanted to put Iain in the past. But it was hard. Especially as Iain worked at their hospital. And Alyssa was damn sure that he wasn't going to leave.

She knew that Iain and Bailee had been getting so much closer lately. And she wanted her best friend to be happy. It was hard and tense. Alyssa wasn't going to lie. But she knew that it was going to be okay. Somehow.

All she knew was that things weren't easy at all. And she just wanted things to be okay. And to work out.

Morning came and Alyssa woke to the sound of giggling coming from the kitchen. She left the bedroom and saw Cal there with the girls. She smiled. "Hey. Good morning."

"Morning. Me and the kids are making breakfast. And you decided to get out of bed. We were going to bring it to you," Cal said.

Alyssa smiled. She kissed Cal's lips and smiled. "Well I'm awake now. So we can do it together."

"No mummy! You has to go backs to bed!" Ella said.

Cal nodded and smirked. "Yeah mummy. You have to go back to bed."

"Meanies."

Ella giggled as she pushed her mummy and smiled. "Backs to bed!" She all but yelled.

Alyssa smiled. she was thankful that things were working with her and Cal now. But she still was worried about Iain. She didn't think she would get rid of the feeling.

***
Cal and Alyssa went into work after taking the girls to where they needed to be. Cal kissed her and walked off. Alyssa saw Bailee and smiled. "Hey. How's Bella?" She asked.

"She's doing a lot better. Connie is optimistic she'll be okay. But as she's so little, there's a little worry about her," Bailee told her.

Alyssa nodded. She smiled. "Has Iain been to see you?"

"Yeah. We had a talk. He wants to be a dad. But I don't know if I can forgive him for what he did," Bailee said.

***
Iain walked into the staffroom. He smiled as he looked to Alyssa. "Listen. I want to apologise. For what I did. I shouldn't have gotten between you and Cal like I did. And I'm sorry," he said.

"I forgive you. Just make it work when Bailee. For Bella's sake," Alyssa told him with a smile.

Iain pulled her into an hug and smiled. Not knowing how Cal had seen. And had gotten the wrong idea.