Seven

Alyssa sat in the staffroom as she got to work. She felt nothing but guilt over what had happened. She couldn't believe that she had slept with cal, it had been a few weeks since it had happened and she had shut herself off. Alyssa couldn't believe that it had happened. Alyssa felt awful that she had cheated on Iain and she didn't know what to do. She knew what it was like to be cheated on and she didn't want to end up breaking Iain's heart. Bailee walked into the staffroom and frowned as she saw best friend. She walked over and sat next to her and smiled "are you okay" she asked as Alyssa shock her head "no I'm a terrible person" Alyssa said as bailee looked to her and frowned what, no your not. Why would you think that" bailee asked as Alyssa ran her hand through her hair and sighed.

"Because I slept with cal, I cheated on Iain and I know what it's like to be cheated on. I hate myself for it" Alyssa said as she started to cry as bailee wrapped an arm around her and smiled "you made a mistake, a moment of weakness. Don't let it get to you and ruin things with Iain. You love each other and your good for each other" bailee said as Alyssa looked to her and smiled. Alyssa knew she wanted to make things work with Iain and that she wanted to forget things with cal but it wasn't easy especially when she had a daughter with him, she knew cal was a good dad but she didn't want to ruin things with Iain. Alyssa loved Iain and he was a good guy and she knew that the last thing that she wanted was to loose him. She wanted to make things work with him.

***

Later that day, Alyssa walked through the ED and groaned as she saw cal. He walked over to her and smiled "can we talk" he asked as she looked to him and rolled her eyes "we have nothing to talk about" she said as he sighed. She went to walk off and he looked to her "we slept together and you can't act as if it was nothing when I know it was" he said as she rolled her eyes "no, it was a stupid mistake" "you can't treat me like I'm nothing Alyssa, I know it meant something to you and you can lie to yourself as much as you want but I know you and I know the truth. You might love Iain but not as much as you loved me" cal said as Alyssa looked to him and glared "go to hell" she spat as she stormed off.

***

Later that day, Alyssa stood in the bathroom and looked down to the pregnancy test. She was late and she was scared as she didn't know who the father was. She and Iain were trying for a baby and she knew she and cal weren't careful that night. Alyssa picked up the test and frowned as she saw it was positive. She ran a hand through her hair not knowing what to do.