Twenty-Eight

Alyssa's head was a mess. She couldn't stop thinking about what Iain had said. How he wanted her to leave with him and take the girls from Cal.

Alyssa knew how she and Cal had been through so much together. She knew how she wanted to make it work with him. But she couldn't stop thinking about what Iain had said.

Alyssa knew she couldn't do that to Cal. She couldn't break his heart like that. But she couldn't stop thinking about the what if.

What if she did leave with Iain? Would they even work? Or would they both just be miserable? Knowing that it didn't work out before.

When she woke that morning, she saw Ella sitting on the bed. She smiled. "Hey. What's wrong?" She asked her daughter.

Ella sighed. "I wants to see auntie Bailee. But daddy tells me she no here anymores. And me miss her," she mumbled.

Alyssa pulled her close and smiled. "We'll see her soon. I promise. She's just had to go away for a little while to have her baby. But it's going to be okay," she told her.

Ella sighed and nodded. "Otay. Me see her baby?"

"If she comes to bring her for a visit," Alyssa said.

Ella giggled. She climbed off the bed and toddled off back into the living room. Alyssa sat there and sighed. Everything was too much for her.

***
Alyssa and Cal had gone into work. Alyssa saw Iain looking at her. Cal kissed her and walked off. Alyssa stayed there and sighed.

Iain walked over. "Did you think about what I said? About leaving?" He asked as he looked to her.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. She sighed. "You cannot ask me that. I love Cal. He is the father of my children. And I won't hurt him like that," she told him as she began walking off.

Iain grabbed her arm. He pulled her to him. "But you love me too. I know you do. Bailee has gone. Cal will come round when he sees how happy you are."

Alyssa shook her head. She wasn't in the mood for it. She wasn't dealing with it. "Leave me alone Iain. Go and find your daughter. And leave me alone."

***
Alyssa walked into the staffroom. She saw Rita and smiled. "Hey. Have you heard from Bailee?" She asked.

Rita nodded. She smiled. "She's being induced next week. She's worried. But she's asked me to pass on her new number. She doesn't want Iain to have it," she told her.

Alyssa smiled and nodded. She watched as Rita walked off. She sat down and sighed. She hated how her friendship with Iain would never be the same.

There had been too much damage done. She didn't know how they could go back.

All she knew was that she hated it all.

***
Later on that day, Alyssa walked back into the flat. Cal had left before her to pick up the girls. She frowned as she saw Cal sitting there with his jacket on. "Babe?" She asked.

"Did Iain ask you to leave with him? Did he ask you to take my kids and leave with him?" Cal asked as he looked to her.

"Cal-," she began.

Cal shook his head. "Just answer the question. Did he?"

"Y-Yeah. I don't want him. I want you," Alyssa said as she looked to him. "Please. I told him to leave me alone."

Cal stood up and sighed. "I'm going to stay with Ethan. I'll see you tomorrow."

Alyssa watched as he walked off. She broke down crying. But was this the end of them?