Chapter One

A young boy chased a little firefly near the edge of the woods. A dangerous place to be, he knew, because of werewolves; but he was a brave little boy and determined to catch the firefly. It was dark, and the full moon was out, but he didn't care. He finally caught the little bug in his hands, and carefully peaked through his fingers at the little bug, smiling proudly.

Little did he know about the eyes that were watching him from the trees, but he heard the growling. He gasped and froze in place. It was when he heard a twig snap behind him that he ran off, which involved the release of the firefly.

"Mommy! Daddy!" He called for his parents

He was halfway to his home when the creature caught up to him. He was knocked to the ground and screamed when he felt teeth bite into his shoulder. That's when his father ran outside with his wand in hand. He sent a series of spells to the werewolf, making him back off the little boy.

As soon as the werewolf was back in the sanctuary of the trees, Tinley ran up to the boy and kneeled down next to him, taking the small frail boy in his arms. His eyes were wide in fear and he was shaking.

"Aang, don't worry son," he picked him up. "You'll be alright."

His parents took him to St. Mungo's. They watched as the Healers cleaned up the blood and stitched up his wound.

"How old is he?" A Healer asked them once they were done. The three of them stood outside the room little Aang was resting in.

"Four," Amala replied.

The Healer wrote on the clipboard she was holding before asking the next question, "Is there anything else we should know about Aang?"

"Uh...he's a metamorphmagus."

The Healer nodded. "Well...unfortunately there's no cure for lycanthropy, and he was bitten by a werewolf during a full moon. And with him being so young, we're going to have to keep him here until the next full moon. Chances are, he'll make it through his first transformation," Amala sat down on a chair. "Usually when someone is bitten, the werewolf takes them so we don't know how many kids actually survive, we only know of the ones who have been brought in by their parents or guardians," Tinley sat down with his wife. "Only one in five kids at this age make it through their first transformation." All they could do was nod in response.

After their talk with the Healer, Amala and Tinley stood and entered the room. Aang was laying on his side, but he sat up when he saw his parents enter the room. Amala sat down on the side of his bed while Tinley stood next to them.

"Hey firefly," Amala said with a smile. "They're going to have to keep you here for awhile, just to see how you're doing."

Aang's grey eyes turned blue as he asked, "Am I going to turn into one of those monsters?"

Amala looked at her husband. Tinley had to hold back his tears as he answered, "You are...infected with lycanthropy, yes...but you're not a monster. You'll never be a monster."

Aang started crying. "I'm sorry! I know you warned me about going near the forest at night, but I didn't listen!"

Amala hugged her son. "It's okay Aang...It's not your fault." Aang hugged back and continued crying.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Months later, it was the day of the full moon. Tinley sat on the side of Aang's bed again as he gave his son a goblet. Aang reluctantly took it and drank the substance that held a faint blue smoke; he made a disgusted face after drinking it.

"I don't like this stuff," Aang said as he handed the goblet back to his dad.

"I know, but it will help you keep your mind after the transformation," Tinley replied. "You'll only have to take it each week before the full moon, so it won't be everyday."

Aang looked down as his eyes turned brown. "I'm scared..."

"I know...but you'll be okay, and it will be over before you know it."

Later that day, Tinley and Amala had to step out of the room, much to the dismay of Aang. Amala had to calm him down and reassure him they'd be just behind the door. Now Aang stood at the window looking outside, his arms resting on the windowsill. He watched as the sky turned black and the moon rose.

The moonlight hit him, and he felt pain like no other when his body began to shift. He screamed in pain as his bones cracked. His clothes were ripped apart when he grew in size. Hair sprouted on his body. His hands curled into clawed paws.

Tinley sat in a chair outside the room as Amala paced the floor. Tears began to go down Amala's face as she heard her son scream in pain. She went up to the door and touched it, wishing she could take his pain away. Tinley stood up and wrapped his wife in a hug, letting her cry into his chest. His own tears fell as he heard Aang's screams.