Chapter Eleven

Mai was very thankful for Katara. Considering the family she comes from, not everyone is accepting of her. But Katara has been her friend through it all. She was roommates with her along with two other girls, Yue and Eska. The two girls stayed far away from her, but Katara took the bed next to her.

After being cornered by Lilah for being sorted into Ravenclaw instead of Slytherin, Mai went straight to Katara.

"Do you need me to hex her for you?" Katara had asked.

Mai just smiled lightly. "No, I can handle Lilah. She doesn't scare me."

She was also glad Zuko had made friends with Katara's brother, the cheerful Hufflepuff, and the small Hufflepuff who was a little shy. She talked to Zuko whenever she could, but it was a little difficult when they're in different houses. But when they have a class together, she takes the opportunity. Like at flying class.

She walked onto the lawn with Katara and felt her heart leap when she saw Zuko with his three friends. Hogwarts used to only have two houses in one class, but recently Professor Gyatso decided to have the houses mixed to help unify everyone. It's a much better way to do it anyways, since Gryffindors and Slytherins would always get into fights.

"Hey, Zuko," Mai said as her and Katara passed by the boys.

"Uh, hey, Mai," Zuko replied with a smile.

Katara stopped next to Korra, who was chatting with another Gryffindor girl, and looked at Mai with a small smirk.

"What?" Mai asked.

"Nothing. I just find your small interactions with your boyfriend cute."

Mai blushed. "He's not my boyfriend."

"Suuuure," Katara said with a teasing smile.

"He's not, I mean...I like him but we aren't dating."

She looked over at Zuko and saw that he was staring at her. He quickly looked away when they made eye contact. Then she noticed that Aang was staring at Katara and she lightly smirked.

"What do you think about Aang?" Mai asked as she looked at Katara.

"What?" Katara asked with a small blush.

"Aang, he seems to like you."

"I mean, he's really nice and smart... I haven't really gotten the chance to know him."

Jet suddenly walked by and winked at Katara before joining the other Slytherins. Mai glared at him and looked over at Katara to see her watching him with a blush.

"No, do not let him charm you," Mai said.

"What?" Katara asked, looking at her friend.

"I know Jet, he will break your heart the first chance he gets. He may look good, but he's ugly on the inside."

"Maybe he's just misunderstood," Katara said, looking back at Jet.

Mai shook her head and looked back at Aang to see him frowning. He'd just seen the interaction with Jet and she felt sorry for him.

Their flight teacher, who's name was Piandao, walked up to where the students were from the Quidditch Equipment building. He was carrying school brooms under his arms and dropped them on the ground.

"Everyone get a broom and line up in two groups about three feet apart!" He ordered.

Students instantly rushed forward. "They're like savages. It's just brooms," Mai said, watching the chaos as students scrambled to get a broom.

"They just want to get the best brooms." Katara replied as they walked forward.

Aang suddenly ran towards them carrying two brooms. "Here, I got you a broom before the best ones were taken," he said, handing one to Katara.