Chapter Nineteen

"I swear Professor Noatok doesn't like me," Katara said as she walked with Mai, Toph, and Korra out of the DADA classroom. "I knew all of the answers to the questions he asked and he didn't even call on me. And he called my merely passable. Passable!"

"Even I can see he has a problem with all Half-Bloods and Muggle-Borns," Toph said.

"Yeah, you're the best in our class," Korra said to Katara. "Besides Aang. I think he has you beat. And Professor Noatok seems to have a problem with him as well."

"Speaking of Aang, where was he today?" Katara asked. "He wasn't in Herbology or Defense Against The Dark Arts."

Mai lightly smirked. "Missing your boyfriend?"

"Knock it off! He's not boyfriend! I don't even like him like that!" Katara said, trying to keep a blush from creeping onto her face. Thankfully, she saw her brother walking to the Great Hall a few feet in front of them. "There's Sokka! I'll ask him about Aang." Katara rushed forward, the girls following her. "Sokka!"

Sokka stopped and turned to his sister. Bolin and Zuko stopped as well.

"Where's Aang? He wasn't in Herbology or Defense Against The Dark Arts."

"We don't know," Sokka said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Professor Pakku called him earlier and he told us to go on without him."

"That was before Herbology," Zuko added. "We haven't seen him since."

"But I'm sure he'll turn up soon," Bolin said with a smile. "See you at dinner."

The boys began walking again. Katara just stood there in confusion.

"Well that's definitely not suspicious," Toph said. "How come Twinkletoes just disappeared?"

"Do you think it has anything to do with Professor Tarrlok jinxing his broom yesterday?" Korra asked.

"We haven't told any of the professors what you guys saw."

"I'm sure Aang is fine," Mai said. "He may be the smallest in our year, but he's tough. Now come on, I'm hungry."

Katara silently walked with the girls. She was worried about Aang. He was a good friend and they had grown a bit close over the last few weeks. She hoped he was okay.

In the Great Hall, she hardly spoke and just picked at her food. Her mind stayed on Aang the whole time.

"Hello ladies," a voice said.

Katara looked up to see Jet at their table and she forgot about Aang for a moment.

"How's it going?"

"What do you want, Jet?" Mai asked coldly.

"I was just asking how you are. No need to get defensive, Ice Queen."

Mai glared at him.

Jet looked at Katara and gave her a smile. "Hey, you're Katara right?"

Katara blushed. "Um... yeah."

"I figured. Rumor is you're the prettiest girl in our year."

Katara wasn't sure what to say. She liked the compliment, but she didn't like that people were talking about her.

"Well, it was nice meeting you. Maybe we could hang out some day." Jet picked up an apple. "Be careful out there ladies, it's a full moon tonight. That's when the werewolves come out to play."

The other girls glared at him as he walked away while Katara just looked dazed. She may have had a small crush on him, but she never worked up the courage to talk to him. And now he just approached her and called her pretty.