Chapter Sixteen

Aang paced back and forth in the Hufflepuff Quidditch tent. It was the day of the game and he was so nervous that he was almost hyperventilating. He tightly gripped his broom with both hands and was practically shaking.

He found it hard to eat at breakfast due to his nerves, but Marinette encouraged him to eat to keep his strength up. He could hardly focus in classes before the game. Thankfully, his friends helped him out during class. By eleven o'clock, the Quidditch pitch was filled with students and teachers excited for the match.

Marinette walked up to Aang. "Nervous?" She asked with a kind smile.

"More like terrified," Aang replied, his eyes the color of brown.

"There's no need to be, you'll do great. You've been amazing at practice," Marinette said encouragingly. "I was nervous my first game too. But once you fly out there, all your nerves will go away." Aang smiled at her, now feeling a lot better. "Now come on, Adrien is going to give us a pre-game speech."

Aang followed Marinette over to the rest of the team. He sat down next to Hunk as Adrien stood in front of the team.

"It's finally here, the day of the game," Adrien began. "I know we haven't won against Slytherin in years, but I have a good feeling about this year."

"Those Slytherins are going down!" Adam said, making the others laugh. Nino and him high fived each other.

"But remember, if we win or lose, all that matters is we're having fun," Adrien continued. "So don't be hard on yourself if we lose." He paused and grinned. "Now let's go beat the snot out of some snakes!"

"Yeah!" Hunk exclaimed as he stood up with the others.

Aang stayed sitting down as he took multiple deep breaths to calm himself.

"Aang," Adrien called.

Aang looked up to see the captain standing at the tent entrance. He stood and walked up to Adrien.

"Don't worry, you're gonna be great." Adrien said as he wrapped his arm around his shoulder. They followed the team to the pitch. "Just focus on the snitch and you'll be okay. Imagine you're just playing in your backyard."

Aang nodded in response before they walked out onto the pitch. He hoped his knees wouldn't give way as everyone cheered.

Professor Piandao, who was refereeing, stood in the middle of the field, waiting for the two teams with his broom in hand.

"I want a fair game from all of you," Piandao said once both teams were gathered around him. He was mainly talking to the Slytherin team since they had a reputation of playing dirty.

Aang took another deep breath to calm himself and glanced up to the stands. He saw all his friends wearing Hufflepuff face paint and he smiled, feeling braver.

"Mount you brooms," Piandao commanded.

Aang got onto his broom along with the others. Piandao gave a loud blast with his whistle and fifteen brooms rose up high into the air.

Leo Valdez, a Gryffindor in Percy's year, began commentating the game. "And the Quaffle is immediately taken by Adam Prince from Hufflepuff- an excellent Chaser he is, much like his twin sister who's a great Seeker, and attractive too-"

"LEO!" Professor Pakku scolded.

"Sorry, Professor," Leo said with a small smile before continuing to commentate. "And he's really belting up there, a neat pass to Hunk Garrett, a good find from last year's Hufflepuff captain- back to Prince and- no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Lotor Galra gains the Quaffle and off he goes- Galra flying like an eagle up there- he's going to sc- no, stopped by an excellent move by Hufflepuff Keeper Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Chaser Agreste has taken the Quaffle- nice dive around Galra, off up the field and- OUCH- that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger.
"Quaffle taken by the Slytherins- that's Luke Castellan speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger- sent his way by Applejack Johnson- nice play by the Hufflpuff Beater, and Prince back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off he goes- he's really flying- dodges a speeding Bludger- the goal posts are ahead- come on, now, Adam- Keeper Lila Rossi dives- misses- HUFFLEPUFFS SCORE!"