Chapter Thirteen

Aang quickly became a celebrity for the tricks he did in flying class, and because of the news of him being a first year playing Quidditch.

The news spread quickly throughout the school, thanks to the Hufflepuff team telling their friends in other houses about him. And those friends passed it on to their friends in their own houses, who also told their friends in other houses.

Aang was pretty surprised by all the attention he got from everyone when he arrived in the Great Hall. He was instantly surrounded by a crowd of students and was bombarded by questions.

"Where'd you learn to fly like that?"

"Is it true you've got a Nimbus at home?"

"How'd you teach yourself to broom surf?"

Aang became overwhelmed from all the questions. He didn't like all the attention, he preferred when people barely looked at him.

"Hey, give the guy some room to breath!" Sokka said as he pushed through the crowd. He grabbed Aang's arm and pulled him out of the crowd. "He's not an exhibit!"

Sokka walked over to the Hufflepuff table, pulling Aang with him.

"Thanks Sokka," Aang said.

Sokka smiled at him. "Hey, I wasn't going to let my friend deal with that by himself."

Aang smiled, but it faded when he saw that everyone, excluding the Slytherins, was looking at him. "Everyone's staring at me."

Sokka stopped and looked around. "Hey! He's not an exhibit in a museum! Get back to eating!"

Everyone turned around and went back to their earlier activities. Aang sighed in relief as he and Sokka sat down with Zuko and Bolin.

After finishing breakfast, it was time for Potions. Aang walked in between Sokka and Zuko as they followed other first years down to the dungeons. They walked into the classroom lit by candles, and sat at a table in the middle of the room.

Aang and Sokka sat on one side of the table while Zuko and Bolin sat across from them. The four open seats were soon occupied by Katara, Mai, Suki, and Korra when they walked in. Katara sat at the end of the table, next to Aang and Suki. Korra sat at the other end of the table while Mai sat next to Zuko. Toph sat at the table next to them with Meng and few other first years.

Iroh walked to the front of the room while everyone set down their cauldrons and ingredient cases onto the table and sat themselves down.

"Good morning everyone," Iroh said with a smile. Silence slowly fell in the room before he continued. "I can tell you're all excited to learn the art of potion-making." Iroh looked at the eager faces of his students. "Potions are an interesting form of magic. Multiple ingredients, each different and unique in their own way come together to make something amazing, much like this school. Every student here is different and unique, but together, you can achieve greatness."

Zuko smiled as Iroh continued, "Now, let's see who read ahead. What do you get if you mixed an infusion of asphodel and wormwood?"

Aang and Katara were the only ones to shoot their hands up. They looked at each and Katara smiled as she put her hand down. "You answer this one."

Aang lowered his hand with a smile. "If you combine powdered root of asphodel and an infusion of wormwood, you'd brew a sleeping potion known as the Draught of Sleeping Death. It causes the drinker to fall into a deep, death-like slumber."

"Very good, I see you studied well." Iroh looked at Katara. "I'll let let you answer this next question, Ms. Aippaq. Where might you look for a bezoar and what is it used for?"